• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bow Fell

AIUI Picc crews learned Chat Moss when the 323s started going that way (I don’t believe Vic or Wigan sign them, or if they do it’s a fairly recent development) Barrow/Windermere work started with the 195s, shared with Barrow and possibly Wigan/Blackpool/Vic crew.

It was a certain company council rep empire building.

It must have been very very recent, which I’m surprised at because there’s been very little route learning for obvious reasons.

Piccadilly definitely don’t sign the Chat Moss (unless it’s changed in the last few weeks)

Liverpool have the lions share of the Chat Moss work to Man Airport and all the 323 work. Victoria had a few jobs and Wigan had 2 jobs and 1 refresh job. There’s no room for Picc!

Picc definitely didn’t sign North of Preston either.

Again the above might have changed in the last few weeks!

Efini92

Established Member
It was when the barrow and Windermere’s were routed via golborne. Piccadilly learnt the chat moss as far as parkside.
lime st have most of the chat moss work but it’s only a temporary transfer of work. When vic eventually learn 323’s it will go back to Victoria.

Bow Fell

It was when the barrow and Windermere’s were routed via golborne. Piccadilly learnt the chat moss as far as parkside.
lime st have most of the chat moss work but it’s only a temporary transfer of work. When vic eventually learn 323’s it will go back to Victoria.

Sorry from @godfreycomplex post, it sounded like he meant they signed the whole Chat Moss to Liverpool, which they don’t.

Man Vic have never had most of the Chat Moss work anyway on the Liverpool-Manchester Airport/Crewe section, obviously everyone used to get relieved by Picc at Oxford Road anyway, not the case at the moment obviously.

It’s always been around 50% Liverpool, and 30% Victoria and 20% Wigan.

Efini92

Established Member
No but for the many years before northern introduced the crewe part we had the majority of the stopper work and some of the lime st - airport express.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Picc got quite a bit of eastern end Chat Moss work with the Barrow/Windermere-Airport work which is now 195s via Golborne. They did also learn the Chat Moss in its entirety for when 323s started on the route so I assume they still have that on their cards. The Barrow/Windermere work also answers the Preston question, they also still sign via Chorley but I don't think there's a massive amount of work that way. They probably have some jobs on the Blackpool-Hazel Groves from Preston. Buxton still somehow cling on to Blackpool work but as far as I know Piccadilly lost Preston-Blackpool in 2008. Buxton men also sign 331s and work some of the Hazel Groves.

Unfortunately Cheshire Lines (Liverpool via Warrington Central) is still one of their routes, I suppose somebody has to do it and if Lime Street depot did it all we'd never hear the end of it.

The work is broadly the same with 'Eastern' work out of Piccadilly (Sheffield, New Mills, Rose Hill, Hadfields etc), Preston/Chester via CLC/Buxton/Liverpool/Hazel Grove/Crewe/Stoke and empties onto Ardwick and Newton Heath which are new additions as well as pottering about Longsight (not as much as in the past) and Stockport CS.
This is the post on another thread I was going off

JN114

Established Member
GWR Swindon Drivers:-

Paddington to Swindon
Reading to Newbury
Reading to Basingstoke
Maidenhead to Marlow
Twyford to Henley
Reading Depot
Cocklebury EMU Sdgs

craigybagel

Established Member
GWR Swindon Drivers:-

Paddington to Swindon
Reading to Newbury
Reading to Basingstoke
Maidenhead to Marlow
Twyford to Henley
Reading Depot
Cocklebury EMU Sdgs

Ta very much. I'm assuming it's just 387 and Turbos they sign or do they sign 800s as well?

JN114

Established Member
Ta very much. I'm assuming it's just 387 and Turbos they sign or do they sign 800s as well?

Sorry had meant to add - just 387s and Turbos on the card at Swindon

There’s a link of HSS train managers at Swindon as well, but I have no idea of their routes sorry

craigybagel

Established Member
Sorry had meant to add - just 387s and Turbos on the card at Swindon

There’s a link of HSS train managers at Swindon as well, but I have no idea of their routes sorry

No problem, that's a big help anyway thanks for that.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Really useful library of information this, so thanks for all who contribute.

Is there chance that Barrow, Blackpool North, Darlington, Doncaster, Huddersfield and Hull sections for Northern will be updated?

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Is there chance that Barrow, Blackpool North, Darlington, Doncaster, Huddersfield and Hull sections for Northern will be updated?
I would assume if/when someone in the know gives out the relevant gen for those depots then they'll be updated.

craigybagel

Established Member
Really useful library of information this, so thanks for all who contribute.

I would assume if/when someone in the know gives out the relevant gen for those depots then they'll be updated.

At present, I have no further info to add - everything I've been given has been put into this thread. I'd very much appreciate that info if it's out there somewhere though! Along with the Strathclyde area of ScotRail, those are the two biggest blanks at the moment

Andy Pacer

Established Member
At present, I have no further info to add - everything I've been given has been put into this thread. I'd very much appreciate that info if it's out there somewhere though! Along with the Strathclyde area of ScotRail, those are the two biggest blanks at the moment
Appreciate your work, and it's most useful.

westcoaster

Established Member
Just a note on Thameslink

Sutton loop is missing from both bedford and luton depots.

Bedford
Both link 1 and 2 Core route bedford to brighton
Link 1 east croydon to east grinstead
Link 2 blackfriars to blackfriars via sutton

Luton link 1
Bedford to brighton
Blackfriars to blackfriars via sutton
Blackfriars to orpington

Luton link 2

Luton to rainham
Bedford to Three bridges
Blackfriars to orpington and sevenoaks.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Done some digging
Barrow and Blackpool did have separate ex- TPE and ex-Serco links but whether they’ve been harmonised work wise or not I don’t know.
Most of Huddersfield’s work is pinging up and down to Bradford and Castleford but whether that’s the full extent of their card or not I don’t know.
Darlington
156/158
As Newcastle except they don’t sign north of Newcastle and they all sign Bishop Auckland and Whitby
Hull
150/155/158/170 maybe a few more traction
Hull - Scarborough
Hull - Sheffield via Selby and Goole plus diversions around Rotherham
Selby - Leeds/York
Doncaster
As Hull, minus Scarborough & Selby - Leeds/York
Plus 331 and Doncaster - Leeds/Scunthorpe
I am trying to find some info on the SPT depots deep in the dark recesses of the forum but up to date info is alas elusive

Anvil1984

Established Member
Darlington
156/158
As Newcastle except they don’t sign north of Newcastle and they all sign Bishop Auckland and Whitby

or west of Newcastle neither, Darlington is

Newcastle to Middlesbrough via ECML and Durham Coast
Bishop Auckland to Saltburn
Middlesbrough to Whitby
Stockton Cut

and as you say traction - 156/158

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Done some digging
Barrow and Blackpool did have separate ex- TPE and ex-Serco links but whether they’ve been harmonised work wise or not I don’t know.
Most of Huddersfield’s work is pinging up and down to Bradford and Castleford but whether that’s the full extent of their card or not I don’t know.
Darlington
156/158
Hull
Hull - Scarborough
Selby - Leeds/York
Doncaster
I am trying to find some info on the SPT depots deep in the dark recesses of the forum but up to date info is alas elusive

Possibly Huddersfield would sign Sheffield via Penistone

craigybagel

Established Member
Just a note on Thameslink

Sutton loop is missing from both bedford and luton depots.

Bedford
Both link 1 and 2 Core route bedford to brighton
Link 1 east croydon to east grinstead
Link 2 blackfriars to blackfriars via sutton

Luton link 1
Bedford to brighton
Blackfriars to blackfriars via sutton
Blackfriars to orpington

Luton link 2

Luton to rainham
Bedford to Three bridges
Blackfriars to orpington and sevenoaks.

Thanks, will update now.

Done some digging
Darlington
156/158
Hull
Hull - Scarborough
Selby - Leeds/York
Doncaster

or west of Newcastle neither, Darlington is

Newcastle to Middlesbrough via ECML and Durham Coast
Bishop Auckland to Saltburn
Middlesbrough to Whitby
Stockton Cut

and as you say traction - 156/158
Thanks both for the info

I believe Barrow and Blackpool are still divided into ex TPE and Northern links - given that TOC is still nowhere near harmonising East and West I doubt they'll be able to sort out the TPE issue any time soon either!

I'll put Doncaster and Hull in for now but I'll leave Huddersfield off for now until I get some more definite info on that one.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Thanks, will update now.

Thanks both for the info

I believe Barrow and Blackpool are still divided into ex TPE and Northern links - given that TOC is still nowhere near harmonising East and West I doubt they'll be able to sort out the TPE issue any time soon either!

I'll put Doncaster and Hull in for now but I'll leave Huddersfield off for now until I get some more definite info on that one.
Thanks for updating.

craigybagel

Established Member
Updated today with the corrections for Thameslink, and also some corrected and additional information for Northern after a very helpful private message.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Updated today with the corrections for Thameslink, and also some corrected and additional information for Northern after a very helpful private message.
That's great @craigybagel
I'd only posted to try and fill in the gaps on Northern on the off chance so really pleased at the result. Thanks again and to those who contributed with helpful information.

Geeves

Established Member
It might well be mentioned here but Piccadilly seem to have picked up some work on the Victoria - Preston Stopper so now sign Victoria but not Victoria to Newton Heath. West end of the station only.

craigybagel

Established Member
It might well be mentioned here but Piccadilly seem to have picked up some work on the Victoria - Preston Stopper so now sign Victoria but not Victoria to Newton Heath. West end of the station only.

Thanks, duly edited.

dk1

Veteran Member
Just an update for GA Norwich. Will have 720 (future) too. Cheers.

Also looks like the class 08s will remain. Depot drivers at Crown Point sign these.