• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does a London (off peak)all day travel card include London Overground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dd678

I am travelling to London for the day and was thinking of getting the all day travel card but I was just wondering if this covers the london overground?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Yes, within the applicable Zones.

Plus Buses, DLR, Trams and National Rail too.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
"Does a London (off peak)all day travel card include London Overground?"

I might be being pedantic, but if it's off-peak then it is only valid all day at weekends or bank holidays. On weekdays off-peak is after 0930 for a travelcard.

And yes, London Overground is a National Rail operator despite TfL's reluctance to admit it.

TFN

The only things that the travelcard aren't valid on are the cable car, southeastern high speed between St Pancras and Stratford Int'l, and Heathrow Express.

Otherwise go crazy with it.

MichaelAMW

You can go anywhere in zones 1 - 6 on this map, with the exceptions already mentioned above by others:

And if you want to know about buses too, also included as mentioned above, the TfL maps page is here:

packermac

The only things that the travelcard aren't valid on are the cable car, southeastern high speed between St Pancras and Stratford Int'l, and Heathrow Express.

Used to also exclude Hayes and Harlington to Heathrow (when it was Heathrow Connect) or has that changed now?

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Used to also exclude Hayes and Harlington to Heathrow (when it was Heathrow Connect) or has that changed now?
Changed since Heathrow Connect was taken over by TfL, at which point the Travelcard became valid.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Changed since Heathrow Connect was taken over by TfL, at which point the Travelcard became valid.
All the way to the various Heathrow terminals but only on Heathrow Connect, not Heathrow Express?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
All the way to the various Heathrow terminals but only on Heathrow Connect, not Heathrow Express?
Connect is now part of TfL Rail and travelcards are valid throughout. Express is still not valid, although anyone can get free travel between terminals within Heathrow itself.

davetheguard

Established Member

It also not valid on the river boats, but I believe you can get a discount on the fast Thames Clipper service by showing your Travelcard.

I think the trip from a central London pier (such as Westminster or Embankment) down to Greenwich is one of the great trips to do in London; sail past the Tower of London, under Tower Bridge, & past Canary Wharf. Greenwich is a pleasant place with riverside cafes, pubs, & restaurants, before returning to Central London by non-high speed South Eastern train on its elevated brick viaduct, or come back by Docklands Light Railway from Cutty Sark station near the boat pier instead.

hkstudent

Established Member
Connect is now part of TfL Rail and travelcards are valid throughout. Express is still not valid, although anyone can get free travel between terminals within Heathrow itself.
Yeah, but it is interesting that all inter-terminal free ticket machines are shut due to COVID, and all the gates at Heathrow T5 and Heathrow Central are opened despite they are manned all day. (With my observation last week)

Razor1967

I am trying to buy a London zones 1-6 paper Travelcard by inputting Finsbury Park to London zones 1 - 6 but it is not offering me the option of a travelcard on LNER or TPE websites. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

I do need the paper version (ie) not Oyster etc.

Any idea what I need to input to get it to work ?

Thanks in advance.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Put in a day return journey Finsbury Park to London Zones 1-6. This will bring up the fares but you need to scroll across to the right before you see the Travelcard option.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Inputting Finsbury Park to a random zone 6 station should also bring it up as one of the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.