• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Does the West Yorkshire day ticket offer Railcard discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good Evening, does any one know if there is a day ticket that one can buy at Bradford Foster Square Railway Station? I may need to do a trip, Bradford Foster Square to Saltaire, then Saltaire to Wakefield West Gate via Leeds and LNER on 15 June, with a senior rail card I can do that for £ 5.55, I just wondered if a day ticket/rover may be any cheaper? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
West Yorkshire DaySaver (formerly Day Rover) but there is no Railcard discount so at £8.30 not worth it just for two short one-way trips. It has the same evening peak restriction as WY Offpeak tickets.

JRT

There's an half-fare version for Local Authority concession card holders eg WY Seniors, but again restricted to off-peak.
If you have a local WY area Metro Senior Concession Card (‘bus pass’), it's half-fare after 0930 daily, all day weekend.
So again, probably cheaper to buy singles.

Last edited:

JRT

Bear in mind that LNER services have compulsory reservation for all journeys. Can do this when you get your ticket.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
You could get a return from Wakefield Westgate to Saltaire for £5 off peak with a Senior Rail Card (£3,90 with a West Yorkshire ENTCS card). LNER will give a routing via Leeds and Bradford. Break of journey/starting short is permitted.

JRT

Bear in mind that £5 is the off-peak return, not valid if boarding a train until 09:29 or 16:01–18:29, £6 is the anytime Return.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Bear in mind that £5 is the off-peak return, not valid if boarding a train until 09:29 or 16:01–18:29, £6 is the anytime Return.
Yes. That's why I mentioned it was the off-peak fare. This is true of all the fares in this thread except for the initial 2 singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.