• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dorset Coast Explorer 6.8.2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEP3417

saw this is coming though later so ill take some pics, going a different route on the way back though - 2 class 33s by the looks of it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
I see it is returning via Westbury and Bath, might go and have a look later
Best I’ve been able to do so far, hopefully can get a better one at Weymouth. The long break at Swindon was lost due to late running.6E1CF80E-1019-4347-B1AD-51122CC4F025.jpeg

Western Sunset

Established Member
Will have to give this one a miss, as my wife is recovering from an operation.
I realise that owners can paint their machines however they want, but I don't find this livery particularly inspiring.

Last edited:

VEP3417

few photos i got, its not the best of liveries but i suppose there are plenty of other blue/green ones out there

nice to see double headed 33s though

Attachments

• DSCF9338.JPG
    DSCF9338.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCF9339.JPG
    DSCF9339.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCF9340.JPG
    DSCF9340.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCF9344.JPG
    DSCF9344.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34

Masboroughlad

Established Member
Run by West Coast Railways? Using Riviera rolling stock? Does that happen often? I thought they were essentially rivals!

Iskra

Established Member
Run by West Coast Railways? Using Riviera rolling stock? Does that happen often? I thought they were essentially rivals!
DRS have stopped doing railtours, so if you want historic loco’s you don’t have much choice. DB also have had a lot of resourcing issues. I think you will see a lot more interesting combinations going forwards, this is the first Pathfinder WCRC operated tour for years but I think you will see plenty more (there’s a Settle-Carlisle one coming up). WCRC might need to rely on Riviera Trains Mk2’s in the future as I doubt they have enough of their own to run everything they currently do if you take Mk1’s out of the equation, so it could be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.