• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dual availability season tickets on Southeastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 027

As a new member may I call upon the expertise of these forums!

Can anyone confirm whether it is still possible to obtain an NR only season ticket between Elmstead Woods and London Terminals also available at Mottingham? I'm sure it used to be available but when I tried to obtain one recently all they could issue was Mottingham - London Terminals AAA Grove Park. Southeastern Customer Services confirmed this is not valid to Elmstead Woods, despite my pointing out that the price for a weekly season to any of these 3 stations individually is the same at £25.

I appreciate what SE say is technically correct but as an interested outsider I am struggling to see the reason why certain stations have dual availability yet others don't when there is no difference in price (as I understand it the Southeastern Metro fares are now zonally based to cater for Oyster PAYG on NR). I did wonder if it was based on distance from the zone boundary but this is not universally true. For example London Terminals - Bromley South does not have a dual availability option according to the NR website, yet for the same price Bickley (one station further out from BMS) has AAA option to Sidcup. In this case Bickley is the 2nd station within its zone (like Elmstead Woods), Sidcup is the 1st station within its zone (like Mottingham) - is there any business logic to this apparent inconsistency? Anyone with inside knowledge?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

87 027

Thanks for the info. As far as I can tell (from the NR website season ticket calculator) ESD does not have dual availability to anywhere. If the rule was NR tickets are point to point only and any other flexibility requires a Z1-4 Travelcard then fair enough, but clearly dual availability is permitted at some stations although not others. It is this inconsistency I am trying to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.