• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

E M T (MML) 125 Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning,

I can see from this forum that EMT still operate a 125 service between London St. Pancras & Leeds, do they still operate 125s on some of their other services, or are they all run with the newer units?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Townsend Hook

Good morning,

I can see from this forum that EMT still operate a 125 service between London St. Pancras & Leeds, do they still operate 125s on some of their other services, or are they all run with the newer units?

The HSTs are primarily concentrated on St Pancras-Nottingham services Monday-Saturday, and St Pancras-Sheffield on Sundays.

berneyarms

Established Member
Look at the EMT timetable PDFs - they show which type of train operates which service on the Midland Mainline.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
my own frustrated observations suggest that the HST work every other Nottingham and the ones you need to look for, generally, are the ones that don't stop at Bedford.

Amateur wibble so await confirmation from someone in the know mind you

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Yes, the faster Nottingham train (xx15 from St Pancras, xx32 from Nottingham) is generally an HST but there are some exceptions around the peaks (not class 45s!).

TC60054

Also, all the St Pancras to Leeds services are booked for a HST.

As mentioned above, the EMT timetables show which services are booked for HSTs and Meridians, these can be found here: Clicky

A0wen

On Moderation
my own frustrated observations suggest that the HST work every other Nottingham and the ones you need to look for, generally, are the ones that don't stop at Bedford.

Amateur wibble so await confirmation from someone in the know mind you

No, not wibble :D you're about right.

EMT sought to remove the HSTs from the 'stoppers' and that particular Nottingham one has first stop Market Harborough IIRC.

There are a couple of HSTs which stop at the intermediate (Luton, Bedford, Wellingborough, Kettering) in the peak hours and the timetable does call them out, but generally they're the ones with an 'odd' stopping pattern i.e. Luton then fast to Wellingborough, or first stop Bedford etc.

I think there's even one which gets to Corby in the evening peak? The 18.01 from STP from memory?

The Meridians are far better time-keepers on the stoppers than the HSTs ever were. Their dwell time at stations also feels alot shorter as well.

TheBigD

Established Member
...I think there's even one which gets to Corby in the evening peak? The 18.01 from STP from memory...

1800 is 2x222 (one set detached at Kettering) and runs through to Melton Mowbray...

1900 St Pancras - Corby and 2043 return is the HST...

GW43125

Established Member
Would I be correct in thinking the HSTs don't do Sheffield runs on a Saturday?

robbeech

Established Member
No, not wibble :D you're about right.

EMT sought to remove the HSTs from the 'stoppers' and that particular Nottingham one has first stop Market Harborough IIRC.

a "VIA East Midlands Parkway" On a journey planner will bring up the services that should be HSTs (on a weekday). A "NOT Beeston" Should give similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.