• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

E ticket. Decryption failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
Chiltern cashback via Topcashback has recently been reduced to 0.85% if purchasing tickets for travel on another TOC so they have lost my custom now.

They don't pay out anyway. I have about 10 claims outstanding with them and they are refusing to pay out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
They don't pay out anyway. I have about 10 claims outstanding with them and they are refusing to pay out.
Certainly didn't track a few months ago, but now seems to be tracking again, at least with Quidco. That said, I've found Quidco to be better at tracking and paying out than topcashback.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

I've not had an issue - had £100s back over the last couple of years.

paul1609

Established Member
Not used rail post covid but prior to that E tickets issued by GTR had a 50/50 chance of working in Yorkshire. In some cases the tickets would be rejected at harrogate and then accepted for exit at Leeds. in most cases i was just let through with no close scrutiny.

HBP

Not used rail post covid but prior to that E tickets issued by GTR had a 50/50 chance of working in Yorkshire. In some cases the tickets would be rejected at harrogate and then accepted for exit at Leeds. in most cases i was just let through with no close scrutiny.

I have the same issue with GWR issued e-tickets and the barriers at Leeds Station. Never work and staff have to let me through. LNER e-tickets work fine.

Joe Paxton

Established Member

Doesn't really inspire great confidence in e-tickets, unfortunately.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
This is frustrating but let's not forget that paper tickets don't exactly have a 100% success rate when it comes to operating ticket barriers.

mikeg

Established Member
Having complained to TPE customer service, they half read my email and gave me a template response, basically saying sorry but we're not doing anything until it happens again.

Dear[NAME REDACTED],

Thank you for contacting TransPennine Express Customer Relations regarding a problem with a ticket on our mobile app on 12th September 2020. I'm sorry for my delay in getting back to you on this.

Please accept my apologies for the trouble this caused you. We appreciate your feedback on this matter.

If you experience this issue again, please get back in touch and we will be able to escalate the problem.

Yours sincerely

[NAME REDACTED]

Customer Relations Advisor

I clearly stated it was the Chiltern app and asked them to please keep their decryption keys up to date. I must say I never had a problem with TPE customer service before the 'new' franchise, but since then every contact with the customer service centre has been a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.