• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Eurostar services - 1994 to 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin1501

I'm trying to obtain details of early Eurostar services, from the 'Discovery' timetable which commenced on 14 November 1994, to the full timetable which I believe started on 28 May 1995. From what I have found so far, the Discovery timetable comprised departures from Waterloo to Paris at 08.23 and to Brussels at 10.23, and departures from Paris at 08.07 and from Brussels at 08.28. Can anyone confirm that that was it, or were there more services each day?

I would then like to know how the service gradually ramped up from then until May the following year, and what the full timetable was from 28 May. Does anyone know where I might find this information (I know the NRM Archive has a huge collection of timetables, but getting there in the next few months is not looking very likely!)?

Grateful for any assistance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beebman

I've found a February 1995 edition in my collection:

Attachments

• IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 59

EssexGonzo

If you’re on Twitter there’s a guy called “Justin on Eurostar” who’s been there for 25 years so he might know.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
If you’re on Twitter there’s a guy called “Justin on Eurostar” who’s been there for 25 years so he might know.

I'm fairly sure he did post a photo of the initial timetable not too long ago - maybe September/October last year ish.

Colin1501

Simon E

Great photos of the timetable by @Beebman It brought back memories of my only trip on Eurostar... Later than the dates the O.P is asking about but still early, well before the Channel Tunnel Link A.K.A HS1, I remember we trundled quite slowly through Kent then the increase in speed was considerable when we entered the tunnel and didn't slow down much when we came out and continued on to Paris. I think it was 2001 for my then Girlfriend... (Now wife) for her 21st birthday. It seems I was quite the romantic Paris for her birthday.... lucky if I take her to Skeggie now!

S-Car-Go

I might have the old ticket pricelist from around that time. Worked 15 years at Waterloo and St Pancras, and collected lots of memorabilia along the way. Never occurred to me to keep timetables! I just got them out of boxes and shoved them in the ticket office racks :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.