• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Links Family Park narrow gauge railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Anyone know anything about the history of this tourist(y) attraction?

Located about a couple of miles to the West of Dunbar in Scotland (East Lothian area).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Apologies for bumping my own post, but anyone got any info on the history of this narrow gauge railway? :?:

John Webb

Established Member
Apologies for bumping my own post, but anyone got any info on the history of this narrow gauge railway? :?:
Can't find anything in any of my books on miniature railways, the last of which was published in 2014. So unable to help. Picture for you:
Narrow gauge railway at East Links Family Park, Dunbar

© Copyright Mike Pennington and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Looks to me like a 20" gauge, similar to Scarborough, perhaps?

Addition: Their website is currently inaccessible.....

PaulLothian

If my memories are right, it's a diesel, despite appearances. Pleasant ride round - when we did it about 8 years ago, our toddler grandson demanded at least three circuits; I was happy to agree...

If my memories are right, it's a diesel, despite appearances. Pleasant ride round - when we did it about 8 years ago, our toddler grandson demanded at least three circuits; I was happy to agree...
And on looking at the picture on something with a sensible screen, it's obviously a diesel...

Last edited:

Am Broc

Yes, it is diesel. Here are a couple of pictures I took there a few years back:

The same people have also opened another similar park at Crossford in the Clyde Valley in the last couple of years. This also has a miniature railway:

They use a steam outline battery electric loco.

Interestingly, this is the second miniature railway on the site. It used to be part of the Valley International Park which had a railway but closed a few years back. The old railway was a dumb-bell route. The new one follows most of the straight section of the old railway but is longer and now forms a loop around the outside of the park. Here's a picture of the old railway:

Status
Not open for further replies.