• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

Are the E200MMCs then allocated onto 81s? As the double deckers can't run down to Castle Howard with the low arches.
Allox is everything is an E200MMC except the middle of the day 80.

82/83 interwork with 182

81 and 194 interwork

80 college and 31X interwork

All M-F notices. Unsure of Sat

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevieinselby

I noticed yesterday that double deckers were being used on the North Riding 80. It felt a bit unnecessary given that there were 5 people on my outbound journey and 3 on the inbound (including myself in both cases). I understand why they need a double decker on the college services but not on a Saturday service. Any reason for this?
It's down to what vehicles are available. The North Riding group of services will need the same number of buses on a Saturday as during the week – and the Pocklington depot is also running the Wolds Explorer 200 at weekends which uses up another single decker. Pocklington has 10 single deckers (8 E200MMCs and 2 B8RLEs), covering the 12, 18, 31X, 80, 81, 82/83, 182, 194, 200 and 747, which on a Saturday is 12 diagrams, so the 80 and 747 have double-deckers even though no route really needs them.