• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eddie Stobart Fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

james60059

I've tried to see if there's any relevant threads but they're all locked, and a fair few years old so I'll ask here.

Does Eddie Stobart still use their wagon and drawbar vehicles, not seen any for a bit so was wondering if they've shelved them for the more conventional artic?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hst43102

I haven't seen any recently but a quick search on Flickr gave results of some new-ish '69 plate examples:

Established Member
I passed a Stobart wagon and drag in Edinburgh just before being furloughed from work, so they were definitely still in use a couple of months ago.

Established Member
Money.

They spend a bit of money on the vinyl livery to make them look nice, but the majority of the trucks in their fleet are poverty spec.

I'm surprised they haven't switched away from Scania and Volvo to cheaper truck brands.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I've tried to see if there's any relevant threads but they're all locked, and a fair few years old so I'll ask here.

Does Eddie Stobart still use their wagon and drawbar vehicles, not seen any for a bit so was wondering if they've shelved them for the more conventional artic?.
You'd have to pay to join, but you might consider joining the Stobart Club (I'm not a member so I can't advise what it's like - others may be able to help)

Benefits of becoming a Stobart Club Member:

Throughout The Year:

• Weekly online fleet updates accessed through the member’s area of the website
  • Fleet List booklet twice a year
  • Receive copies of fanzine magazine “Spot On” throughout the year
  • A bespoke calendar at Christmas
  • Opportunity to Name a Truck!
On Joining

• You will receive a pack that includes:
  • Current Fleet List
  • Current Edition of Spot On
  • Catalogue
  • Lapel Badge
  • Car Sticker
  • Membership Card