• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eden Valley Railway - Appleby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A0wen

On Moderation
True, but then the S&C has an appeal to normals as well.

Usually as an end to end journey on steam special to enjoy the scenery. Not to go traipsing off at Appleby to take a ride on an ex Southern DEMU for 6 miles.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Usually as an end to end journey on steam special to enjoy the scenery. Not to go traipsing off at Appleby to take a ride on an ex Southern DEMU for 6 miles.

The route is a gateway to the whole area, not just end-to-end steam charters !

I share what Yorksrob said and pick up Steam. You dont think for one moment, the EVRT would be a one trick show pony with "just" Southern DEMU's do you?
I think having visited the site a few times over the years, that they lack some covered storage.
Once they nailed this bit, they'd appeal to smaller loco owners which would be very suitable for that line.
You are entitled to your opinion, but as a businessman myself it usually starts with the dream and a touch of optimism to launch things, then you can start discussing realities needed. If you are an eternal pessimist then you will never ever get past first base!!

Status
Not open for further replies.