• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Edinburgh to Aberdeen - Scotrail HST or LNER Azuma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotTrains

The first class seats in the Azuma are truly awful. Thin and hard and not comfortable at all. Last time I travelled to Aberdeen I was glad to get off. I think it's got to be one of the worst intercity trains produced and not suitable for long distance journeys. The 1st class seating layout is rubbish for couples too, with mostly single seats or tables for 4. Even the voyager beats it in terms of comfort! The Scotrail 170 also has far superior 1st class seats.

It's a shame as the rest of the LNER 1st class product (catering, lounge access, advance ticket availability, etc) is generally good.

JModulo

The first class seats in the Azuma are truly awful. Thin and hard and not comfortable at all. Last time I travelled to Aberdeen I was glad to get off. I think it's got to be one of the worst intercity trains produced and not suitable for long distance journeys. The 1st class seating layout is rubbish for couples too, with mostly single seats or tables for 4. Even the voyager beats it in terms of comfort! The Scotrail 170 also has far superior 1st class seats.

It's a shame as the rest of the LNER 1st class product (catering, lounge access, advance ticket availability, etc) is generally good.
Each to their own. Whilst my view is they will never be the same level as what was in the HSTs/MK4s, they are perfectly reasonable. I've did Edinburgh - London several times on them and not had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.