• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway 'Railway Rally' - 25th - 28th June 2021 - Lineup changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway (AKA TheYorkshire Dales Railway) have announced an additional two visiting locomotives for the Railway Rally gala taking place over this weekend.

Planned guest Caledonian Railway No.419 will now no longer be able to attend so the railway have managed to secure two new visitors instead:
  • Cockerill Type IV Lucie, owned by Paul 'Piglet' Middleton of the NYMR (formerly on the Middleton Railway)
  • Stroudley 'Terrier' 2678 Knowle, owned by the Kent & East Sussex Railway but currently on loan at the Isle of Wight Steam Railway, from where it is being shipped directly to Yorkshire for the weekend.
These join Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST Keighley Gasworks No. 2, visiting for the month of June from the Tanfield Railway, and E&BASR resident Hunslet 16" Beatrice.

It's a cracking lineup in my opinion - absolutely gutted I'm busy all weekend or I'd be there no question. Knowle looks amazing in SR Black.

For more information, see the railway's social media or click here!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

Sounds awesome, hope some pictures will be taken and shared by those who can make it.
Here you go, click here.

I visited Saturday (at great expense, thanks LNER!) and Monday; pictures are from both days. Superb event; many thanks to all the staff and volunteers for making it a very special day(s) out indeed. Highlight of my SG visits this year so far. [Amberley Steam Gala being my NG highlight this year...]

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Here you go, click here.

I visited Saturday (at great expense, thanks LNER!) and Monday; pictures are from both days. Superb event; many thanks to all the staff and volunteers for making it a very special day(s) out indeed. Highlight of my SG visits this year so far. [Amberley Steam Gala being my NG highlight this year...]
Cheers for the link. That Steam tram from Brussels looks interesting.

alexl92

Established Member
Cheers for the link. That Steam tram from Brussels looks interesting.
If you're not familiar, it's owned by Paul 'Piglet' Middleton, Traction Manager (I think that's his title) on the NYMR, and it is based there. Was resident on the Middleton Railway for many years, in a paler green livery. I think somewhere down south - maybe the Mid-Suffolk Light Rly - have a similar one.

Status
Not open for further replies.