• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLevel

Established Member
Does anyone know of any diagrams that are reliably a 156 outside of the Barton branch?
Not really. Pretty much all of diagrams are subject to being replaced by 158 or 170.

Today there's a unit on Matlock shuttles 2 on the Joint Line, one on Skegness and one working Boston - Skegness - Nottingham only.

They have a habit of being pinched for Liverpool still.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Not really. Pretty much all of diagrams are subject to being replaced by 158 or 170.

Today there's a unit on Matlock shuttles 2 on the Joint Line, one on Skegness and one working Boston - Skegness - Nottingham only.

I did see one leaving Leicester on the 08.45 (ish) Lincoln this morning.

LowLevel

Established Member
I did see one leaving Leicester on the 08.45 (ish) Lincoln this morning.
156408. That one gets to Lincoln, spends the day between Peterborough and Doncaster before working the 1830 back to Leicester and back through to Lincoln to finish.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
156408. That one gets to Lincoln, spends the day between Peterborough and Doncaster before working the 1830 back to Leicester and back through to Lincoln to finish.
Interesting, thanks. Hadn't realised the diagrams are more varied, I know previously everything pretty much did Leicester's all day, although I bet I'm thinking back to before some were extended beyond Lincoln (to Grimsby Town etc) which would skew things.

LowLevel

Established Member
Interesting, thanks. Hadn't realised the diagrams are more varied, I know previously everything pretty much did Leicester's all day, although I bet I'm thinking back to before some were extended beyond Lincoln (to Grimsby Town etc) which would skew things.
Yeah - the Grimsby diagrams are largely self contained going back and forth between Leicester and Grimsby/Cleethorpes, the Leicester - Lincoln short workings interwork with the Peterborough/Doncaster services.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Does anyone know of any diagrams that are reliably a 156 outside of the Barton branch?
Depends on the day of the week, but as the post above says they are mainly in Lincolnshire.

Monday - Friday the first train in the morning from Lincoln - Cleethorpes is always a 156. But it is a position move for the Barton service.

The daigram with the 0552 Cleethorpes - Newark is one that you have a good chance to see a 156 but it can be anything as can the 0730 Grimsby Town - Leicester.

Saturday apart from the Barton positioning move I don’t recall seeing a 156 on a regular diagram.

On Sunday many of the trains to in the afternoon are 156.
The 1530 Nottingham - Cleethorpes swaps with the Barton service
The return service at about 1830 is the Barton Branch 156
The last train in the evening from Cleethorpes - Lincoln is also a 156

Express380

Depends on the day of the week, but as the post above says they are mainly in Lincolnshire.

Monday - Friday the first train in the morning from Lincoln - Cleethorpes is always a 156. But it is a position move for the Barton service.

The daigram with the 0552 Cleethorpes - Newark is one that you have a good chance to see a 156 but it can be anything as can the 0730 Grimsby Town - Leicester.

Saturday apart from the Barton positioning move I don’t recall seeing a 156 on a regular diagram.

On Sunday many of the trains to in the afternoon are 156.
The 1530 Nottingham - Cleethorpes swaps with the Barton service
The return service at about 1830 is the Barton Branch 156
The last train in the evening from Cleethorpes - Lincoln is also a 156

Many thanks for the help I'll keep an eye on RTT if I end up with only 158s and 170s that's still not so bad I guess.

liamf656

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the St Pancras services will be like after May, formation wise? Sounds like a bit of a shake up will be happening to make up for the loss of the 180s

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi - a friend of mine was annoyed at having to stand on a St P to Nottingham 5 car Meridian last Thursday so I said I'd check for him which services were longer on bank holiday Monday. Are the diagrams for Monday (tomorrow) the same as usual weekday does any one know? ie the services listed on this thread.
Thanks in advance.

DannyMich2018

Hi - a friend of mine was annoyed at having to stand on a St P to Nottingham 5 car Meridian last Thursday so I said I'd check for him which services were longer on bank holiday Monday. Are the diagrams for Monday (tomorrow) the same as usual weekday does any one know? ie the services listed on this thread.
Thanks in advance.
Weekend services can be mayhem! I think they are, of course can depend on engineering works. I'm on 180110, thankfully back to five cars again on 19.59 Nott to St Pancras. Very busy after Leicester.

Established Member
Thanks in advance.
I believe bank holidays are the same as normal weekdays in terms of formations so the diagrams listed in post 1 will hopefully be correct.

BJames

Established Member
Thanks in advance.
You likely do not need to be told this but of course if you want to be certain, and if your friend has got a flexible ticket, then you'll be able to check on RTT later (sometimes it is before midnight, but usually after midnight). Whenever I have a flexible ticket I double check (esp on weekends) for the 10 car services and sometimes also check for the units with declassified first (103/104 and 005/006). Sometimes I buy an advance really late the night before and the diagrams are out already which is always super useful.

WesternLancer

Established Member
You likely do not need to be told this but of course if you want to be certain, and if your friend has got a flexible ticket, then you'll be able to check on RTT later (sometimes it is before midnight, but usually after midnight). Whenever I have a flexible ticket I double check (esp on weekends) for the 10 car services and sometimes also check for the units with declassified first (103/104 and 005/006). Sometimes I buy an advance really late the night before and the diagrams are out already which is always super useful.
They are indeed on a flexible ticket so I was going to do this, but was hoping info given would be a useful guide ahead of a late night check.
But that tip about the declasified 1st units is good as I didn't know which sets that was - I chanced upon one on one occasion but was unsure if there were others.
So your reply is much appreciated!

BJames

Established Member
They are indeed on a flexible ticket so I was going to do this, but was hoping info given would be a useful guide ahead of a late night check.
But that tip about the declasified 1st units is good as I didn't know which sets that was - I chanced upon one on one occasion but was unsure if there were others.
So your reply is much appreciated!
It certainly makes the journey better! Just to further add to that 222103/104 have more declassified first (the composite carriage as well as some of the next carriage) while 005/006 just have part of one carriage declassified. Either way, I've never had a problem getting a seat! One occasion we were even fortunate enough to be offered sandwiches in the declassified section (it was a very late service).

Looking at RTT now @43055 is indeed correct to say that it is the same as a normal weekday - which is good to know for future.

Iskra

Established Member
Do we know what the summer Saturday extras on the Skegness line are going to be formed of this year?

Established Member
Finally got round to updating post 1. At the moment the following has been updated:

Intercity - Monday to Friday only
Connect - Assume are very similar to as before. Sundays now all 4 car?
Peterborough - Doncaster - Monday to Friday only
Nottingham - Worksop
Nottingham - Skegness
Grimsby - Leicester - Sundays only
Newark - Crewe - Sundays only

Status
Not open for further replies.