• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

class387

Established Member
Posted this on the thread in the Traction and Rolling Stock forum earlier but think this thread might be more relevant: Does anyone know if the ex-GC set is still running for EMR? Its booked diagram seems to have been a Meridian for the past few days - has it been converted early?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Posted this on the thread in the Traction and Rolling Stock forum earlier but think this thread might be more relevant: Does anyone know if the ex-GC set is still running for EMR? Its booked diagram seems to have been a Meridian for the past few days - has it been converted early?

Or it's failed

stompy

It's been withdrawn

Jim

Established Member
It's been withdrawn
No it has not....

43480 tyre turning

WesternLancer

Established Member
No it has not....

43480 tyre turning
doesn't the question refer to the set (not necessarily the power car)? - so that question would be about one of the ex GC 'short sets' that was only doing 1 or 2 diagrams a day now IIRC. I was on an HST on Saturday with a buffer fitted Class 43 on one end - which I assumed was an ex GC power car, but it was on an ex EMR 8 car set. Apols I don't have the power car or set numbers to hand.

Jim

Established Member
doesn't the question refer to the set (not necessarily the power car)? - so that question would be about one of the ex GC 'short sets' that was only doing 1 or 2 diagrams a day now IIRC. I was on an HST on Saturday with a buffer fitted Class 43 on one end - which I assumed was an ex GC power car, but it was on an ex EMR 8 car set. Apols I don't have the power car or set numbers to hand.

I sort of related the response to it being read with my previous comment too, the reason the set hasn't been out was due to 43480 tyre turning, it hasn't been withdrawn.

All being well should be out today (weds)

Established Member
I sort of related the response to it being read with my previous comment too, the reason the set hasn't been out was due to 43480 tyre turning, it hasn't been withdrawn.

Looking at a tweet from LIAR (RAIL) magazine about the 2+6 set being 'withdrawn'. One of the replys does confirm the set is out today.

class387

Established Member

Great to hear - thanks! So has it come out today?

WesternLancer

Established Member

Thanks for the extra info!

Tom105

I know people cannot be 100% but hoping to ride a HST on Sunday the 10 o'clock from St Pancras to luton and back, people say about HST's not running if there are engineering works, i cannot see anything obvious that will stop them running, some sort of confirmation would be great.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I know people cannot be 100% but hoping to ride a HST on Sunday the 10 o'clock from St Pancras to luton and back, people say about HST's not running if there are engineering works, i cannot see anything obvious that will stop them running, some sort of confirmation would be great.

If it comes from Leeds it'll definately be a HST

Btw the timetable changes on Sunday, the first HST to arrive into St Pancras is the 0950 from Leeds

Sundays:
1: 0950 Leeds - London via Nottingham, 1455 London - Leeds via Derby
2: 1050 Leeds - London via Derby, ECS Cricklewood, 2040 London - Leeds via Derby
3: 1434 Leeds - London via Derby, 1835 London - Leeds via Derby
4: 1649 Sheffield - London, 2000 London - Nottingham

Tom105

Thank you for that, just seen the message about the timetable being wrong! looks good i'll try and get the 1455 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.