• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter St. David's

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I May have a tight connection this coming Friday 03 May at Exeter St David's.

Does any one know which platform the SWT arrives there from Waterloo(ETA 1142.) and which platform XC & FWR Depart for Newton Abbot? I am hoping it may be a quick cross platform change, rather than a sprint over the footbridge.

Tks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
According to opentraintimes the 1142 arrives on 3, whilst the 1146 Plymouth (XC) departs from 4, the 1156 Paignton (FGW) departs from 1 and the 1208 Penzance (FGW) departs from 4.

CC 72100

Established Member
As stated above, the Waterloo arrival will be on 3, with a quick cross platform change to either the 11:46 XC off 4 or 12:08 FGW also off 4, or the slower Sea wall stopper at 11:56 which leaves from Platform 3, not platform 1 http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/P01434/2013-05-03

I've arrived on SWT to make the Southbound XC on numerous occasions - made it every time and they normally arrive into St Davids on time too, as the 159 has about a 6/7 minute wait at Central.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Remember platforms can also change at the last minute. The booked platforms can be found on "opentraintimes" as AdamW has poiinted out.

Last edited:

RPI

Established Member
as a rule, on weekdays, SWT services arrive on 3, Exmouth-Paignton stoppers go from 3, down XC and FGW HSS leave from 4, the only time that this may change is if the SWT is late then it may be brought into 1 for a quick turnaround (Rather than the normal ECS to New yard), hope this helps.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Many thanks for these replies and for the internet link too. Very useful.
I am looking forward to the journey along the sea wall around Dawlish.

(Just need to find out about ECML works in August, if there are any)

Rgds.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Again thanks for the replies here. I did make the connection from the 1142 SWT arrival to the XC at 1146. Both trains were on time, and to my surprise the XC had 5 carriages and was not that busy. I was able to get a good window seat to enjoy the coastal views. I came back from Newton Abbot on a FGW 125. Nice to try different trains on that sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.