• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Experiences of heritage railway operations post lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim-s

I have made a couple of visits to the east Anglian railway museum since reopening after lockdown and found it to be just as good as it was previously, there are plenty of hand gel dispensers around the site and also at every place where there is a door that needs opening, some indoor parts have a one way system in place and it worked well also saw plenty off people with cleaning products on regular patrol, the cafe on site is also open with distancing measures in place
In my opinion they have done well with there precautions and measures and kept the great regular feel of the museum as it was

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Yes, that's the one. I'd heard about them before, but never seen or travelled in them, so it was a pleasure to do so. They've been excellently restored and are part of the experience on the North Norfolk Railway.

As I say, I'm hoping to get out and about soon, but I don't know when this will be. I have great sympathy with your friend, as he's going through the same experiences as I am!
Yes, They seem to be very strict in Wales, his area had only 24 hours notice and he could not do anything about it. Not sure how much longer you and he will be in that position, more changes are being announced tomorrow in England.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
It's ironic that things might be getting a little better in Wales, but worse in (Northern) England!

I'm looking at going away over Christmas or the New Year, but where (and how), I really don't know at the moment.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It's ironic that things might be getting a little better in Wales, but worse in (Northern) England!

I'm looking at going away over Christmas or the New Year, but where (and how), I really don't know at the moment.
I am pleased that things may be getting better for you, sorry about the North Of England and also in some places in the South now. Hope you can get away somewhere, Devon and Cornwall seem ok at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.