• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fares workshops

If this is of interest, where would suit you for it to be held?

• Total voters

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Would there be any interest in a fares workshop in Nottingham if we held one there on Saturday 27th November?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
Would there be any interest in a fares workshop in Nottingham if we held one there on Saturday 27th November?
I would be interested in that, though need to see about something else before I can give a firm response.

jrh2254

Hi, Would be interested but the only time I cant do is Saturday 27th November, so will join a later workshop.
I did attend one a few years ago (advanced as I recall) and was totally out of my depth so I think I need to join an intermediate event. However it was still very enjoyable meeting like minded friends.
Thanks.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The next fares workshops will be held in Sheffield (08/01/22) and London (23/01/22) but these are now fully booked.

If you are interested in attending a fares workshop in London, a Doodle can be found here to set the next date after 23/01: https://doodle.com/poll/twfz4cvbqcqt4fpg

I'll look to arrange more in due course; please do ensure you have voted in the poll above if you are interested. I think perhaps Manchester could be next...

I've also created a separate thread for a fares data workshop: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/fares-data-workshop.225712/ we are open to suggestions regarding where to hold it, which depends on where people are located...

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Due to a late notice cancellation, there is a space available at the Sheffield fares workshop tomorrow if anyone is interested?

william

Established Member
I could be interested in this. Have you not considered a web based session?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We have a place available at short notice tomorrow if anyone is up for that?

It's from 1230 in the King's Cross area.

We also have places available on 19th February in London.

Alfonso

I won't be coming to any of this series but having been to one a couple of years ago I can highly recommend them, for the info, for the warm welcome, and for getting to know a couple of the regular posters on here

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
If I had been based in my home, in Surrey, for that date then I would have been somewhat interested. These workshops certainly sound interesting and informative.

WessexIndie

Afternoon all,

Is there a list of fare workshops with spaces coming up?

Nope ignore me, already had my name on the doodle thingy

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have a place available at short notice this afternoon, from around 1500, if anyone else wishes to join us, drop me a conversation message.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There will be a fares workshop on 11th June and I have space for one or two more, if anyone is interested in that?
It will be in the London area in the afternoon.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
There will be a fares workshop on 11th June and I have space for one or two more, if anyone is interested in that?
It will be in the London area in the afternoon.
I would be interested in attending this @yorkie , but I cannot guarantee when I will be back home for the summer - it could be any time up until the 20th that I move back - so I’m potentially one for the reserve list on this :)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I still have one place remaining on 11th June in London if anyone else wants to join us?

Wolfie

Established Member
I still have one place remaining on 11th June in London if anyone else wants to join us?
Had l not had ankle tendon surgery and therefore unable to do pretty much anything until mid-July l'd have been up for it.

sot

Looking to attend workshop: Manchester, Birmingham, Stafford, Crewe or London are all good, date/day depending of course

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I may hold a fares workshop on Saturday 17th in London if that would be of interest to anyone?