• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favorite Deltic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Established Member
Mine's Ballymoss (55018) as this was only 1 of 3 I ever saw and it was on a London stopper at York in 1979 or 1980 (after the clocks had goine back). I was on a family day out in York on a Merrymaker from Oxford.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

9007pinza

as seen before on here, guess the username says it all,
dont know for why,, Nice shortname plate, and the big blue machine looked and sounded brill. Managed to travel behind and cabbed it .
It semed to be the most elusive to me at that time, However `kopping` my 1st Deltic set, in the mid to late 60`s, I seem to rem `Alycidyon` was out of service for what seemed like years
Finally passed throu Darlo, on the tyne -tees pullman as it was then

20Man

Mines No. 7 as well, gave me some great runs on the ecml. I ended up buying one of it's cab doors from Collectors Corner when it was scrapped.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I presume you haven't managed to rig it up as something like the door between your kitchen and living room? :lol:

20Man

That was mentioned, but it is a a fair bit heavier than a normal door and an awkward shape. Although my wife is also interested in railways, that may of pushed things a bit too far :D

Status
Not open for further replies.