• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finsbury Park circa late 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.

coloumb

I took these when I was in my early teens so they are no perfect but I thought they might be of interest...appologies if they are not but I'm in the nooob zone.:roll:

1.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

These two I took in the mid 80's after closure...
11.jpg

12.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
Lovely shots. Fair takes me back to coming into the Cross (behind a deltic, natch) and always leaning out eagerly to see what was on at FP. Happy times.

Aictos

Established Member
Seconded, they are amazing photos of a long gone era.

I'm sure there's a website I encountered last year which I found on Google which has very similar photos, well worth a look.

vectra33

Excellent photos

Reminds me of wandering round the Manchester depots as a 13 year old at a similar time,just have a word with the depot manager,then full access to all the roads and no health and safety nonsense to worry about,not a reflective yellow jacket in sight

coloumb

Cheers all. Vectra33, it was the same here, we just went along and asked if we could look around, "no problems, help yourselfs" we was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.