• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Aberdeen

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
It's not Wrightbus that are in the wrong here, their product works. It's Aberdeen Council that provide the Hydrogen pump and they haven't planned for the usuage. I'd like to think there is plans in place to expand this?
First should have just opted for electric buses like they have with Glasgow and their other subsidiaries.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fife_circle

It's not Wrightbus that are in the wrong here, their product works. It's Aberdeen Council that provide the Hydrogen pump and they haven't planned for the usuage. I'd like to think there is plans in place to expand this?
There is a new green hydrogen facility due to open at the end of this year I believe.

kkong

It is planned to be located at the new Energy Transition Zone, in Altens off Hareness Road.

Yes, I was aware of this site, but as you say, nothing is happening on the ground, so it's unlikely to begin production in 2024, or even 2025.

On 27 Feb 2024, the announcement of UK Government funding for the project was said to be [my emphasis]:

an important step towards considering the final investment decision on the project to deliver phase one of a scalable green hydrogen production, storage, and distribution facility in Aberdeen.

Given the lack of any more recent news on the project website, we can assume the FID has still not (yet) been made.

Unless / until a FID has been made, no substantive procurement or construction will take place.