• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Bus M-Ticket app problem - anyone able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 33

Established Member
I've been using the First Bus M-Ticket app since October 2016 pretty much without any problems.... until yesterday. As when I goto buy a new batch of tickets(or a single ticket), when I press the Checkout button to proceed to the payment screen, it then comes up with a "Checking Out" message for a few seconds(like it usually does), but it then comes out of the app and goes back to the main SmartPhone homepage(or whatever it's called). I've tried countless times since yesterday, but to no avail. Very frustrating!!

Anyone else had this problem? And knows how to fix it? If not, I'll have to email customer support and see if they can help.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
Just the usual things like switching phone off and on. If that does not work, go into settings and apps to clear cached data for it. Assuming you know your login details, if that does not work try clearing data, but you will have to login again.

Class 33

Established Member
Thanks for your advice Volvodart. But I had already tried that numerous times anyway, to no avail.

I emailed M-Ticket customer support. And got a reply back today to say the M-Ticket app unfortunately no longer supports Windows devices. Which is a bit crap really, as no longer able to use it, I have no plans to buy another SmartPhone just to be able to use the M-Ticket app, so will have to go back to asking for and buying tickets on the buses again - which can be a nuisance at times if there are grumpy/rude drivers.

Why can't they just adapt the app so that it supports Windows as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.