• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

route101

Established Member
On a first number 3 today and its in first colours out side but inside is all Wright spec
The cctv display in the passenger area seems a bit stupid, the lights are far to bright and but the seats are nice

These buses ( Streetlites) do pop up on routes 3 and 6.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DC21

On a first number 3 today and its in first colours out side but inside is all Wright spec
The cctv display in the passenger area seems a bit stupid, the lights are far to bright and but the seats are nice
CCTV in the passenger saloon is an attempt to curb antisocial behavior. Idea is that thugs will see the are being watched and will not engage in such behavior. A lot of buses in big cities south of the border have it. Infact I'm sure some Henderson Travel Solo's had CCTV screens in the passenger area. So not as stupid as you think.

route101

Established Member
CCTV in the passenger saloon is an attempt to curb antisocial behavior. Idea is that thugs will see the are being watched and will not engage in such behavior. A lot of buses in big cities south of the border have it. Infact I'm sure some Henderson Travel Solo's had CCTV screens in the passenger area. So not as stupid as you think.

Lothian had these on their buses for a good number of years, used to get a good view of passengers downstairs.

Buses a bit busier yesterday, had a full 2. 6 to and from East Kilbride still quiet.

Last edited:

PaulMc7

Established Member
Is there still extras running here and there on certain routes? Seen a 7 at Summerston only running to the city centre and a single decker 75 at Saracen Cross displaying Stockwell Place on the front.

route101

Established Member
Is there still extras running here and there on certain routes? Seen a 7 at Summerston only running to the city centre and a single decker 75 at Saracen Cross displaying Stockwell Place on the front.

Not seen any extras for a while now.

Speaking of 7, appears to be mainly deckers.

lastbus

Extras running yesterday and today due to easing of restrictions and the service levels not returning to normal until Monday.

PaulMc7

Established Member
Extras running yesterday and today due to easing of restrictions and the service levels not returning to normal until Monday.
Thanks for the info. Definitely seems a lot busier today anyway so definitely the right call to run extras

DC21

Seen an Enviro200 MMC in Motherwell out of service with 500 Glasgow Airport Express. Presumably a mistake or for a laugh. A welcome surprise none the less

route101

Established Member
Was only person on the 6 from town at 2230 last night. My work is nearer 18 stop but for some reason it did not turn up. App said Due for about 10 mins, never appeared. dont know what happened.

Is there any update(s) on the following Enviro400MMC's that were deroofed this year:-

Ex-First West Lothian, First Glasgow, 41 Branded, SN66 WGP (33441)

First Glasgow, 18 Branded, YX68 UWP (33268)

route101

Established Member
Is there any update(s) on the following Enviro400MMC's that were deroofed this year:-

Ex-First West Lothian, First Glasgow, 41 Branded, SN66 WGP (33441)

First Glasgow, 18 Branded, YX68 UWP (33268)

No idea.

What happened to the Hybrid E400s on the 6? They completely disappeared.

route101

Established Member
I haven't seen any on 6 in 2020 at all, must be around a year since I've seen one in service.

Scott mac

These will be covered to diesel soon but I personally thought some would have been done by now. The original plan was to have the 6 50/50 with e300 and e400 branded and the ex hybrids going on another route but we will have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
These will be covered to diesel soon but personally thought some would have been done by now the original plan was to have the 6 50/50 with e300 and e400 branded and the ex hybrids going on a other route but we will have to wait and see
That would probably make sense. The 6 works well with a mix of both. I thought the 6 would have been branded as it was originally branded a few years back.

I imagine the 34/34A will see the remaining deckers as that route needs the capacity now and low height deckers.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
There was a rumour not too long ago that Glasgow were losing the Hybrids.
So many rumours.... There was one that they were off to Potteries about a year ago!!

A post on Flickr in October said that they were undergoing conversion to diesel.
West of England are working through their 8, having been parked up for 2.5 years in some cases.

route101

Established Member
That would probably make sense. The 6 works well with a mix of both. I thought the 6 would have been branded as it was originally branded a few years back.

I imagine the 34/34A will see the remaining deckers as that route needs the capacity now and low height deckers.
6A also gets them, so Scotstoun appear to have normal ones too.

experts

So many rumours.... There was one that they were off to Potteries about a year ago!!

West of England are working through their 8, having been parked up for 2.5 years in some cases.
They were going to potteries but believe they rejected them on cost of conversion to diesel

Whiteway215

Established Member
There was also a RUMOUR that some were coming to West of England at Bath to work alongside the Bath ones now being converted to Euro6.

route101

Established Member
Them Hybrids used to be really unreliable. I suppose they are earlier hybrids.