• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

Busman84

Probably the wrong sticker on it. I mind a B9TL (08 plate I think) many years ago having a Euro 5 sticker on it when that whole batch was Euro 4.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I wonder if the plan is to upgrade Lanarkshire’s E300s and Streetlites considering they enter the LEZ zone when covering at the weekend and on the odd occasion in place of an E200MMC.

They didn't, the map is accurate... The X36 goes direct down the M80 while the X37 goes via the A80 / Cumbernauld Road.
No sorry Jordan, the X37 does follow the same route as X36 from Cumbernauld town centre to Glasgow. l last drove X37 at the beginning of February and it hasn’t changed since then. Checked it on tracker too .

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
No sorry Jordan X37 does follow the same route as X37 from Cumbernauld town centre to Glasgow , l last drove x37 beginning of feb and it hasn’t changed since then. Checked it on tracker too .

That should have read x37 follows same as x36 ,
It seems FSE have registered the service incorrectly, as it's still registered to operate via Moodiesburn and Muirhead which is likely why the Glasgow produced map has it going that way.

lastbus

I wonder if the plan is to upgrade Lanarkshire’s E300s and Streetlites considering they enter the LEZ zone when covering at the weekend and on the odd occasion in place of an E200MMC.
2 Overtown Streetlites have already been done.

It seems FSE have registered the service incorrectly, as it's still registered to operate via Moodiesburn and Muirhead which is likely why the Glasgow produced map has it going that way.
You mean All this time has went by and nobody has noticed , surely not . Well there definitely isn’t any times along the moodiesburn muirhead etc bit on traveline etc . Lol

Jordan Adam

Established Member
You mean All this time has went by and nobody has noticed , surely not . Well there definitely isn’t any times along the moodiesburn muirhead etc bit on traveline etc . Lol

Seems so... I just checked Travelline and it still has the X37 going via Moodiesburn and Muirhead.

route101

Established Member
Bit of confusion for me this morning on a city bound 6. First bus timetable and bus times stated there would be a bus at 0853. Tracker showed time of bus in black. I thought bus has has its tracker off, better to wait. At the time its due, the service is showing due in green. Great! Bus never showed up, and got the next one around 15 mins later. Ghost bus on the tracker.

Or first are running to a different timetable that is published.

Surreyman

If I have my figures right, the funding for was: - Bear 1 = 40 vehicles, Bear 3 = 165 vehicles, total 205 Euro 6 upgrades, so would assume: -
All E300(93), All Streetlites,(42) all E40D(23 ) & E40H(10) + the '62 reg E200(4) total = 172, the remainder (33) made up of B9TL unless SPT owned Solos are included.
As far as I am aware the 205 upgrades were all for First Glasgow not FSE unless anyone knows otherwise?

Volvodart

Established Member
They have been converting FSE E300s, so I assume they were included rather than First funding them fully themselves.

Seems so... I just checked Travelline and it still has the X37 going via Moodiesburn and Muirhead.
Right I get what you mean the app dosent show the x37 through muirhead etc as in the bus stops but the journey planner somehow does .I can assure you though it dosent

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Right I get what you mean the app dosent show the x37 through muirhead etc as in the bus stops but the journey planner somehow does .I can assure you though it dosent
Yeah i'm not disagreeing, i looked at the tracker myself at the time and watched 65718 on the X37 go direct up the M80. It's odd that it's been registered wrong and no one has noticed yet.

PaulMc7

Established Member
I do think the changes to the X37 route coupled with the increase in frequency to the X3 has been a good thing to be fair. I recall seeing a few online comments before Covid regarding the X3 and it potentially needing an increase due to how busy it was capable of being.

It'll be interesting to see how it does after Covid through Moodiesburn in particular as from experience that was definitely the busiest part of the route.

Obviously it's not easy territory to operate in due to the train, motorways and Stagecoach in Cumbernauld being there but I wouldn't say it's impossible for the X3 to do well on the every 20 mins frequency post Covid.

route101

Established Member
Buses are getting busier now and they're also becoming more unreliable. I noticed a few 34A services showing bus full around 8am this morning.

scotraildriver

Established Member
Buses getting busier now. Also becoming more unreliable. Noticed a few Bus Full 34A services showing bus full around 8am this morning.
The councils "spaces for people" must be destroying the bus service. George Square/St Vincent Place was at a standstill all day today, with only 1 Lane now available and 2 sides of George Square closed. I saw an 18 take 15 minutes from the City Chambers to West Nile St. Still no Northbound access to the bus station in North Hanover St either.

PaulMc7

Established Member
The councils "spaces for people" must be destroying the bus service. George Square/St Vincent Place was at a standstill all day today, with only 1 Lane now available and 2 sides of George Square closed. I saw an 18 take 15 minutes from the City Chambers to West Nile St. Still no Northbound access to the bus station in North Hanover St either.
I'm not long home after getting a 6 from Glassford Street. Once it gets onto Hope Street it's fine but getting there really isn't fine.

On another point regarding buses being full and late the 1s are like pre-Covid for reliability already. It seems to be Dumbarton to Clydebank in particular that's horrendous for them ending up late. Multiple of them ending up 30/35 mins late well before peak times.

I know Glasgow Road and the A82 can be bad but when it's constantly the same times every day during the week and it's been going on a long time it makes me think it's just the timetable in general. It's not even just a peak time thing either. In fact if anything they are more reliable at peaks and horrendous off peak. Must be a struggle for people who need a specific one and can't get a 1C which seems to be the only reliable service out of all of them.

I'm not long home after getting a 6 from Glassford Street. Once it gets onto Hope Street it's fine but getting there really isn't fine.

On another point regarding buses being full and late the 1s are like pre-Covid for reliability already. It seems to be Dumbarton to Clydebank in particular that's horrendous for them ending up late. Multiple of them ending up 30/35 mins late well before peak times.

I know Glasgow Road and the A82 can be bad but when it's constantly the same times every day during the week and it's been going on a long time it makes me think it's just the timetable in general. It's not even just a peak time thing either. In fact if anything they are more reliable at peaks and horrendous off peak. Must be a struggle for people who need a specific one and can't get a 1C which seems to be the only reliable service out of all of them.
It obviously depends on the time of Day. Went to town today on an on time one. With no more than 10 passengers. The one on the way back was nor really any different.

While in town I was around St Vincent Street with no signs of any hold ups.

PaulMc7

Established Member
It obviously depends on the time of Day. Went to town today on an on time one. With no more than 10 passengers. The one on the way back was nor really any different.

While in town I was around St Vincent Street with no signs of any hold ups.
Not too bad, it seems to hit 1:30/2pm towards the City Centre then they're all late or at the very least it's the majority of them from Clydebank. It's been a thing for about 2/3 years from what I remember. I'm quite lucky that I can get the 1C but relying on specific ones must be an absolute nightmare.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Is that why they’ve closed off two sides of George Square?

Not too bad, it seems to hit 1:30/2pm towards the City Centre then they're all late or at the very least it's the majority of them from Clydebank. It's been a thing for about 2/3 years from what I remember. I'm quite lucky that I can get the 1C but relying on specific ones must be an absolute nightmare.
If the restrictions on St Vincent Street are going to be long term. It would be a simple change to follow the 75 route to Hope Street after crossing the Clyde Northbound via Howard Street.
It would mean missing out a few stops but these could be covered on the new route.

route101

Established Member
If the restrictions on St Vincent Street are going to be long term. It would be a simple Change to follow the 75 route to Hope Street after crossing the Clyde Northbound via Howard Street.
It would mean missing out a few stops but these could be covered on the new route.
The 18 used to go via Howard St too. Traffic through St Vincent St used to bad before it was changed. Traffic Lights after traffic lights also cause issues.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Does anyone know if the East Kilbride section on the 6 sees good numbers? Then on the other side all the way to Clydebank?

I’ve always wondered why they’ve kept the route length as it is for so long when many other routes were cut in half. They also ordered low height buses specifically for the route but in recent years I’ve noticed more singles. Any ideas?

route101

Established Member
Does anyone know if the East Kilbride section on the 6 sees good numbers? Then on the other side all the way to Clydebank?

I’ve always wondered why they’ve kept the route length as it is for so long when many other routes were cut in half. They also ordered low height buses specifically for the route but in recent years I’ve noticed more singles. Any ideas?
Think it was answered a few weeks back , why its still running through the City.

East Kilbride section is busier. Noticed the 6 getting busier last few weeks, not a fan when a grubby eclipse comes along.

PaulMc7

Established Member

It's really hit or miss at the Clydebank end. Sometimes it's incredibly dead but then the school loads from Botanic Gardens to Clydebank help it massively

It appears that SO68 HFM 34368 has been scrapped (the one arson attacked in Easterhouse, Glasgow Fort). It is on a Facebook group (however it is a private group).

WHAT HAS BEEN REMOVED.
So far both side paneling have been removed.

Headlight's have been removed.

Engine hood cover has been removed.

The bottom deck has been gutted of most reusable parts.

The top deck is still as is (the burnt chairs and windshield.

WHAT REMAINS.
So far only a small amount of outside paneling remain (being the front and rear).

Some components (or most) in the engine remain.

The majority of the frame still remains (a portion of the top deck frame has some fire damage).

Drivers cab still apperars to be fully intact.

Last edited:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
It appears that SO68 HFM 34368 has been scrapped, it is on a Facebook group.

I've put the link to the group below.

If you're going to post a link to a private Facebook group, please make this clear as it will be completely inaccessible to anyone without a Facebook account (or anyone who does have one but doesn't necessarily want to join the group in order to see it).

The relevant details should be quoted here anyway, but as it's a private group permission should be sought first.

If you're going to post a link to a private Facebook group, please make this clear as it will be completely inaccessible to anyone without a Facebook account (or anyone who does have one but doesn't necessarily want to join the group in order to see it).

The relevant details should be quoted here anyway, but as it's a private group permission should be sought first.
My apologies I shall remove the link.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
I always thought due to its age they’d have completely rebuilt it. Glasgow was plagued by quite a few fires in recent years. They’ve lost quite a few buses.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I always thought due to its age they’d have completely rebuilt it. Glasgow was plagued by quite a few fires in recent years. They’ve lost quite a few buses.

Possibly depending on the damage incurred, it might not have been viable and cheaper to simply order a new one.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Possibly depending on the damage incurred, it might not have been viable and cheaper to simply order a new one.
Aye. If the damage to critical structrual (body and chassis/underframe) elements is severe enough, the vehicle's age becomes irrelevent and the overall more cost-effective/practical option is to write it off and, if applicable, order a brand-new vehicle.