• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotland East (Midland Bluebird and West Lothian operations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastbus

Any idea on the reason for these short term loans if it's not for planned maintenance/emissions upgrade or refurbishments?
From what I was told it was so vehicles driven by a driver who’d tested positive for COVID could be taken off service for a deep clean. 42887 and 47463 are now back at Overtown. 47463 is on the 240 today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CN04NRJ

Established Member
From what I was told it was so vehicles driven by a driver who’d tested positive for COVID could be taken off service for a deep clean. 42887 and 47463 are now back at Overtown. 47463 is on the 240 today.

Hope the drivers are doing well, I've heard of the same issue at other companies in regards to vehicles.

experts

Just out of curiosity, why so many short-term loans?

If FSE is short of vehicles wouldn't it make more sense to transfer vehicles on a long term basis or is it a case of X depot has X vehicle spare for a number of days until they need it back?
has to be loans from Glasgow as they operate with hoppers, Livi is the only FSE depot that has these.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Midland Bluebird's 53706, 61233 and 65699 are all operating out of Livingston today. While quite a few other Midland buses have been on loan over the last month or so.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I see this little thing is getting about!

Could do with a repaint though, haven't seen it stray off the 68 or evening 21 (?, I think that's its regular duty from what I've seen).

received_341425827310856_edit_139021361981390.jpg

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I see this little thing is getting about!

Could do with a repaint though, haven't seen it stray off the 68 or evening 21 (?, I think that's its regular duty from what I've seen).

View attachment 92503
Indeed it was brought in to help cover for the two Caetanos due to the Covid issues. It should only really be on the 21, 27 or 68 so surprised to see it on the X22!

I saw something posted on a bus this morning saying something about a service change on Friday 2nd April 2021 but there is nothing posted on their website. I'm just wondering if anyone had more information about this.

(Seen on West Lothian service X24 on bus SK63 KKN at approximately 11:35am)

Last edited:

Volvodart

Established Member
From next Tuesday, Falkirk services change back to more frequent services.
The 68 changes the following week to a 70 minute frequency.

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/south-ea...tes/planned-changes/service-levels-friday-2nd

Service Levels from Friday 2nd April​

24 Mar 2021All Areas

Revised service levels will be in operation across our Scotland East Network.
Please see below services in operation from Friday 2nd April​

Good Friday - Friday 2nd April

> Services operating in the Falkirk Area will operate current timetables.
These services are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6/6A/7/8, 29, 35, X37, 38/X38, F14, F25, F45.

> Services 21 & 26 will operate special timetables.

> All services not listed above will operate Saturday Timetables. This includes all services in Stirling, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Balfron and Kinross.

Saturday 3rd April

> Timetables will operate normal Saturday timetables on this date, with no change to service.

Sunday 4th April - Easter Sunday

> Normal Sunday timetables will operate on this day.

Monday 5th April - Easter Monday

All services not listed below will operate a Saturday Timetable on Monday 5th April.

Tuesday 6th April
Please note that the following changes affect the listed Falkirk area services only, Sunday journeys remain unchanged.
Services not listed below will resume their normal weekday timetable.

Monday 12th April

From Monday 12th April Service 68 will operate a revised daily timetable.
Please click here to view forthcoming timetable.

overthewater

Established Member
It would seem the revised road layout hasn't helped matters with the 68. Also no one has picked up on the fact First HAS CUT Linlithgow section to every 20mins while keeping the Stirling end every 15mins

Jordan Adam

Established Member
It would seem the revised road layout hasn't helped matters with the 68. Also no one has picked up on the fact First HAS CUT Linlithgow section to every 20mins while keeping the Stirling end every 15mins
To me it would make more sense to cut the 38 to every 20 minutes, convert it to decker operation permanently then time the 38/X38 to provide a 10 minute frequency between Falkirk Town Centre and FVRH.

Humberscot

Does anyone know what has happened to the 65 plate Royal Route branded buses that usually are on the X38? Seems to be exclusively their ramshackle collection of 09 and 57 plate buses on it at the moment. Whilst I don't think customers are particularly bothered which type of buses cover routes there is certainly a noticeable step change in quality between what First are currently serving up against the 13 plate buses LCB put up for its X38 (even if the stickers did start falling off!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.