• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Scotland East (Midland Bluebird and West Lothian operations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexf380

Established Member
Does anyone know what has happened to the 65 plate Royal Route branded buses that usually are on the X38? Seems to be exclusively their ramshackle collection of 09 and 57 plate buses on it at the moment. Whilst I don't think customers are particularly bothered which type of buses cover routes there is certainly a noticeable step change in quality between what First are currently serving up against the 13 plate buses LCB put up for its X38 (even if the stickers did start falling off!).
They're (gradually) being repainted into the standard fleet livery for the Midland ops and are just part of one pool of vehicles. IMO they weren't particularly well suited to the X38 anyway and the bigger, heavier B7s worked better.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Does anyone know what has happened to the 65 plate Royal Route branded buses that usually are on the X38? Seems to be exclusively their ramshackle collection of 09 and 57 plate buses on it at the moment. Whilst I don't think customers are particularly bothered which type of buses cover routes there is certainly a noticeable step change in quality between what First are currently serving up against the 13 plate buses LCB put up for its X38 (even if the stickers did start falling off!).
The 57/09 plate B7RLEs are far more suitable vehicles for the X38, albeit in dire need of a internal refurb. I think part of the reason may be due to the fact that with social distancing measures in place the capacity on the B7RLEs is higher.

Humberscot

The 57/09 plate B7RLEs are far more suitable vehicles for the X38, albeit in dire need of a internal refurb. I think part of the reason may be due to the fact that with social distancing measures in place the capacity on the B7RLEs is higher.
The B7's are a comfier ride (the 65 plate Royal Route buses rattle around chronically and threaten to take off on the old A9 between Winchburgh and Kirkliston!) but they are absolute dumps inside and I was rather fond of the Royal Route livery - looks smart and was well received.

overthewater

Established Member
Just to ask when did First Start running down Leith walk - London road - Easter Road?

cammyeaston

Just to ask when did First Start running down Leith walk - London road - Easter Road?

It's due to the turning circle at Regent Road being out of use due to roadworks. The turning move is via London Road and Easter Road.

Last edited by a moderator:

JurassicMan

From Monday 26/04/21 First Scotland East will be introducing flexible bundles for passengers ,aimed mainly at those returning to work who may not be working a full week as yet, good idea although limited time on usage is a little tight imo.

jb66

I'm dropping my car at Newbridge tomorrow and I live in Uphall. Travel Scotland says my fare on First Bus is only £1.70. This seems wrong as the First Bus map says Newbridge is zone M and I live in Zone L.

Its £2.80 on Lothian so that's a good saving but I've always been confused with First's West Lothian prices.

It also seems cheaper to buy a tram and bus daysaver (£4.50) rather than the LM day saver at £7.

Dropping my car at newbridge tomorrow and live in uphall, travel scotland says my fare on first bus is only £1.70??? Seems wrong as the first bus map says Newbridge is zone M and I live in Zone L.

Its £2.80 on Lothian so thats a good saving but ive always been confused with First west lothian prices.

It also seems cheaper to buy a tram and bus daysaver (£4.50) rather than the LM day saver at £7.
I don't think it will be £1:70 to Uphall, £1:70 is the fare zone in Edinburgh all over.

From Pumpherston to Broxburn it's £3:40 (or £2:70 it can be inconsistent).

I'm pretty sure that a Zone LM ticket (Edinburgh and West Lothian) is £6:00.

Your best bet would probably be the X18 at £2:80 there and back.

Baileygirl

I don't think it will be £1:70 to Uphall, £1:70 is the fare zone in Edinburgh all over.

From Pumpherston to Broxburn it's £3:40 (or £2:70 it can be inconsistent).

I'm pretty sure that a Zone LM ticket (Edinburgh and West Lothian) is £6:00.

Your best bet would probably be the X18 at £2:80 there and back.
The fare on First used to be £2.10 from Newbridge to Uphall but they discontinued this fare and brought it down to £1.70. They don't charge extra for going over a zone boundary like Lothian. The boundaries are for day tickets, weekly etc.

Also there are four buses an hour (X24/X25) compared to 2 buses an hour on the X18.

There are still the 65 plates on the X38. I saw two in Edinburgh yesterday, and another one being towed.

Yes - there are still quite a few of them out there. It's a nice livery i have to say - is well received round here. Looks smart and adds a bit of local pride.
Thank you :).

Yeah, I really like it aswell, it goes really well with the old Midland Bluebird livery, it's a shame that it will probably be gone by the end of the year :(.

Humberscot

Thank you :).

Yeah, I really like it aswell, it goes really well with the old Midland Bluebird livery, it's a shame that it will probably be gone by the end of the year :(.
Yeah - enjoy it whilst we can. The Streetlites are certainly true to their name - drivers preparing for take off as they approach the airport on the speed track into Kirkliston!

route101

Established Member
I saw a coach on the X10 in Glasgow. That must be rare surely?

Volvodart

Established Member
They have not been reported as going back in the recent May fleet changes.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I use this ,( if it works) not good at pasting things

Likewise i've been using this "secret" site for quite some time. I believe it was the intention that First Scotlands live tracking would be added to Bustimes, and it was briefly for a few days earlier in the year, but not much has happened since. I think they're perhaps waiting until First properly set up the live tracking through the Governments open data system as currently "Olympia Glitch" gets it's data from the First App.

Just wondering, has 69135 (MV06 CZS) and 69137 (MV06 CTZ) been transfered to First West Lothian as they're appearing on the First Scotland East fleet list on bustimes.org.

Link to First Scotland East bustimes.org fleet list below:

Link to 69135 below:

Link to 69137 below:

I've attached an image of it in the fleet list below.
Screenshot_20210605-235410_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Baileygirl

Just wondering, has 69135 (MV06 CZS) and 69137 (MV06 CTZ) been transfered to First West Lothian as they're appearing on the First Scotland East fleet list on bustimes.org.

Link to First Scotland East bustimes.org fleet list below:

Link to 69135 below:

Link to 69137 below:

I've attached an image of it in the fleet list below.
View attachment 97690
Yes they are there with 69147. 69137and 69147 are in first white/blue fleet colours with West Lothian fleetnames

Yes they are there with 69147. 69137and 69147 are in first white/blue fleet colours with West Lothian fleetnames
That's great, cheers .

I noticed before hand it had "Diamond" logos, I know this is of topic here but it follows up on my original question.

Is Diamond Bus part of First Bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.