• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Initially they’ll release 2 more Tridents back to Winkleigh and the five single deck Scania loans - 4 back to HDB 1 to scrap.

What stays long term will depend on what the post Covid demand looks like, and experience of the condition of these.

There is a desire to remove Trident Presidents though.
Ah so some of this will depend on the condition of the vehicles it seems you’re saying.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lizard1324

Marc has posted on twitter:
With AJS Motor Bodyworks in Bodmin now more than half way through a batch of 12 Geminis into fleet colours and completing 2 a week, it’s time to plan for the next week.
Screenshot_20201123-092240_Twitter.jpg
So a new livery / brand is on its way
Its not that clear but does it say fleet number 37007 on the side which is a gemini from Essex (maybe new arrival)

Last edited:

Goldfish62

Established Member
With AJS Motor Bodyworks in Bodmin now more than half way through a batch of 12 Geminis into fleet colours and completing 2 a week, it’s time to plan for the next week.
View attachment 86290
Its not that clear but does it say fleet number 37007 on the side which is a gemini from Essex (maybe new arrival)
Intriguing.

Truro & Penwith College use those colours.

fgwrich

Established Member
View attachment 86290
Interestingly, 37007 was a Bristol 17 vehicle. It's only recently (2020) moved over to Essex where it's received this very smart repaint into Eastern National livery. I'd be surprised if they wanted to release that one to Kernow pretty quickly, although it would be somewhat ironic (Think of the Badgerline era!)

Lizard1324

Intriguing.

Truro & Penwith College use those colours.
That might be the case especially after the Cornwall college livery, they might have got jealous and asked for there own, but could be a new brand.
Interestingly, 37007 was a Bristol 17 vehicle. It's only recently (2020) moved over to Essex where it's received this very smart repaint into Eastern National livery. I'd be surprised if they wanted to release that one to Kernow pretty quickly, although it would be somewhat ironic (Think of the Badgerline era!)

I really don't think it will be 37007 might be a mistake or they just used random numbers

henairs

Hi All,
E200s 44079/44510 are now back at Yeovil having received the green brush treatment.
Think 44932 has gone for paint now and probibly sister 933 from TN depot.
This pair will complete the E200s into Green as far as I know.
Old green E200s 45111-115, 44922-24 could also get spruced up as looking a little battle scarred now.
Have read Streetlites next bar 47540.
Cheers,
Mike R

cnjb8

Established Member
View attachment 86290
Wasn't there mention of a Royal Blue brand a few months ago?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
That might be the case especially after the Cornwall college livery, they might have got jealous and asked for there own, but could be a new brand.

I really don't think it will be 37007 might be a mistake or they just used random numbers

It could be a mistake or just having a little bit of mischief. Given that the actual 37007 was only repainted in EN colours in late July, I think it can be discounted.

Hi All,
E200s 44079/44510 are now back at Yeovil having received the green brush treatment.
Old green E200s 45111-115, 44922-24 could also get spruced up as looking a little battle scarred now.
Cheers,
Mike R
Good to see the repaint programme going strong. Quite a bit will be in green in Yeovil

I know what you mean about the other e200s; they are looking a bit scabby, inside and out.

MarkC

There are rumours around of First starting some routes in Plymouth early 2021 Anyone heard anything? I would be surprised myself

carlberry

Established Member
There are rumours around of First starting some routes in Plymouth early 2021 Anyone heard anything? I would be surprised myself
Is this before or after the sell to National Express? **

Some of the recent college routes are in the area so they might have taken on more college routes or local authority contracts to try to justify a bigger outstation or an expanded rail replacement role. Possibly even a Truronian presence. I cant imagine, even pre covid, a serious attempt at expanding commercial routes in an area with two other groups operating already even if they do have previous knowledge of the traffic flows!

** - I made that up, just in case anybody runs with it!

Goldfish62

Established Member
Wasn't there mention of a Royal Blue brand a few months ago?
That was for the X19 and was shown in the booklet for the summer timetables that never ran.

Whether it ever resurfaces at some stage in the future remains to be seen.

Whiteway215

Established Member
I see on the Travel West Yorkshire Forum there is a report yesterday that 32525/27 were parked at Elmwood (not sure where that is) and heading for the South West.
A later report says all Halifax 325xx Geminis are heading South West. According to Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts fleetlist they are 32525-7/30-2/39-42

On the Buses

View attachment 86290

It’s just a sample fleet number. It’s from an initial livery image.

On the Buses

Thanks for that, that's what I though considering its just been repainted.
Are we allowed to know what the livery is for truro and penwith college or the new x route maybe?

It’s not for a college.

I see on the Travel West Yorkshire Forum there is a report yesterday that 32525/27 were parked at Elmwood (not sure where that is) and heading for the South West.
A later report says all Halifax 325xx Geminis are heading South West. According to Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts fleetlist they are 32525-7/30-2/39-42

Fake news

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Is this before or after the sell to National Express? **

Some of the recent college routes are in the area so they might have taken on more college routes or local authority contracts to try to justify a bigger outstation or an expanded rail replacement role. Possibly even a Truronian presence. I cant imagine, even pre covid, a serious attempt at expanding commercial routes in an area with two other groups operating already even if they do have previous knowledge of the traffic flows!

** - I made that up, just in case anybody runs with it!

You scamp!! :lol:

there is a report yesterday that 32525/27 were parked at Elmwood (not sure where that is)
Elmwood is Halifax depot.

So it's a new X route then. :D
Undoubtedly..... in the same vein as @carlberry , it can only be a restoration of the X1 Penzance to Plymouth.... JOKE!!!

On the Buses

I thought that would be the case, thanks for confirming it. It Would certainly be a sight seeing a EN bus back in the West if there ever was a swap. Any plans for a similar Western National Gemini?

No

Hi All,
Cheers,
Mike R

Sprayed not brushed
Of the Streetlites only the 5 white ones will be painted

Andyh82

Established Member
Elmwood is the name of half of Halifax depot. These two are orange fronted by the way, so they will be easy to spot

The second part is probably what always happens with some enthusiasts making assumptions (something happens with two buses so surely it’ll happen to all the buses), as we know that is rarely the case

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
No, no, no! That'll be a black and gold livery and use Plaxton-bodied Leopards. :D
Nah.... National Express livery