• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
What's that one looking like? Can't to see that one and it's sister 820 out in the flesh next year!
I have only seen a photo from a friend and it wasn't parked in full view but looks okay. It is still in it's old colours so I am not sure what it will be repainted / vinyled for.

I have only seen a photo from a friend and it wasn't parked in full view but looks okay. It is still in it's old colours so I am not sure what it will be repainted / vinyled for.
It's just a case of having to wait and see at the moment I suppose! I expect @On the Buses will unveil what adventure they are going to be used on in due course along with what the new Mousehole livery and open back Solos will all look like for it.

83G/84D

Established Member
I am looking forward to seeing the Copper livery on the E400MMC's in due course, hopefully one will appear soon. It the twitter image is anything to go by, I think I'll be impressed.

Goldfish62

Established Member
It's just a case of having to wait and see at the moment I suppose! I expect @On the Buses will unveil what adventure they are going to be used on in due course along with what the new Mousehole livery and open back Solos will all look like for it.
According to @OntheBuses in his Omnibus Society talk the Tridents will be used on the Newquay Sunseeker.

He also showed mock-ups of the Mousehole livery. Cream with coloured swirls (a choice of four) in ABB style.

According to @OntheBuses in his Omnibus Society talk the Tridents will be used on the Newquay Sunseeker.

He also showed mock-ups of the Mousehole livery. Cream with coloured swirls (a choice of four) in ABB style.
I thought the two open air deck E200s were for the Newquay Sunseeker unless the Tridents will be joining them next year.

Also is there anywhere I’d be able to watch his talk? It all sounds very exciting!

Last edited:

Goldfish62

Established Member
I thought the two open air deck E200s were for the Newquay Sunseeker unless the Tridents will be joining them next year.

Also is there anywhere I’d be able to watch his talk? it all sounds very exciting!
The Sunseeker needs more buses than just the two E200s.

Unfortunately not. I didn't see it. Just had a run-down on it secondhand from a friend.

The Sunseeker needs more buses than just the two E200s.

Unfortunately not. I didn't see it. Just had a run-down on it secondhand from a friend.
No worries. I’ll still have a little go on one of them nonetheless whenever I can come down to Cornwall next year.

richw

Veteran Member
It didn't last. Barbie 53801 is providing the evening service. So from 100% Mousehole to 100% Barbie!
53701 is at callington for CAL117, photo of it yesterday morning

Attachments

• 3AB38DF3-9042-4180-8D22-D9D3D5FEC38B.jpeg
    3AB38DF3-9042-4180-8D22-D9D3D5FEC38B.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 94

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I've moved the discussion about the new ticketing situation to this thread:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Does anyone know the status of Dart 42942? It was last with Buses of Somerset after moving from Cornwall but is not tracking on bustimes. I didn't see it when I was in Yeovil a few weeks ago either.
I see that occasional visitor to this forum, Tim Jennings, has posted this shot from Tuesday - still in Yeovil but fleetnames painted out and looking rather forlorn.

volvob12

I see that occasional visitor to this forum, Tim Jennings, has posted this shot from Tuesday - still in Yeovil but fleetnames painted out and looking rather forlorn.

Interesting. There was a photo of it posted on Facebook a few months back at a yard on the A303. It looked fully intact and hadn’t had fleetnames painted out.

fgwrich

Established Member

I wouldn't say it's become that recently forlorn - poor old OAP has looked somewhat odd for a number of years now in it's odd looking Barbie / Olympia / Route 41 Hybrid livery. Going off that photo, I would say it looks like it's become a parts donor now.

On the Buses

I wouldn't say it's become that recently forlorn - poor old OAP has looked somewhat odd for a number of years now in it's odd looking Barbie / Olympia / Route 41 Hybrid livery. Going off that photo, I would say it looks like it's become a parts donor now.
It’s waiting collection by Wigleys.