• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
Anyone know what bus 32121 is as showing as on the 234 earlier and the a4 now

It’s a Volvo B7TL mentioned in earlier posts, one of several from a dealer. It’s now in the workshops at Camborne.

There is a Atlantic Coaster Enviro in Camborne tonight, no idea which one as it has no front registration plate and looks like it may have been towed in.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
From Base
32121- LJ53BAA,
32121- LJ53BAA,
32122- LJ53BAV,
32123- LJ53BBN,
32124- LJ53BCF,
32125- LJ54BEU,
32126- LJ05BJE,
32127- LJ05BKD,
32128- LJ05BKK,
32129- LJ05BLF,

from ensign
33410- LK08DXV,
Other two from Ensign are Assigned 33429, and 33430, registrations were unconfirmed at time fleet list was supplied to me, but LK08DXU was in Truro yard last Friday,

Busaholic

Veteran Member
My wife has to go to Helston from our home in Penzance every few weeks for medical and other reasons. Over the last few years, as she doesn't drive I have taken her and, as her visits never exceed an hour, wait to drive her back. Following an operation I'm currently unable to drive, so today she went on the U4, which operates an hourly service. I gave her the times of the buses, knowing that she'd be very lucky to make the 14.30 return from Helston, Blue Anchor, but urged her to do so if poss cos the following 15.40 bus was on special school times, so by that stop she might get left behind. In the event, she made the 14.30 with a minute to spare, to be told by the driver 'you're fortunate, I can take 35 and I've two seats left.' Now, if she'd been excluded and then had been unable to access the 15.40, the next bus is at 16.30. Is it acceptable for people to be left high and dry like this (or extremely wet, as it was for a spell this afternoon) especially when Cornwall Council through TfC are subsidising dozens of journeys on other routes which are seemingly providing a personal taxi service for the very few using them? Incidentally, my wife said most of the passengers disappeared at Porthleven, which used to have two or even three buses an hour to Helston at one time. I know bus turning at Porthleven is not an easy matter, but shouldn't an extra hourly daytime journey on another route (perhaps from the Lizard) be at least considered? Your thoughts welcome.

swifty

Established Member
From Base
32121- LJ53BAA,
32121- LJ53BAA,
32122- LJ53BAV,
32123- LJ53BBN,
32124- LJ53BCF,
32125- LJ54BEU,
32126- LJ05BJE,
32127- LJ05BKD,
32128- LJ05BKK,
32129- LJ05BLF,

from ensign
33410- LK08DXV,
Other two from Ensign are Assigned 33429, and 33430, registrations were unconfirmed at time fleet list was supplied to me, but LK08DXU was in Truro yard last Friday,

Few of these were heading south on the motorway earlier. Some were white like 32121 and others were still in London (TfC :lol:) red, albeit in need of a good wash!

LAIRA

Few of these were heading south on the motorway earlier. Some were white like 32121 and others were still in London (TfC :lol:) red, albeit in need of a good wash!
So now passengers won't know whether it a First Bus or a TFC bus!!

fgwrich

Established Member
From Base
32121- LJ53BAA,
32121- LJ53BAA,
32122- LJ53BAV,
32123- LJ53BBN,
32124- LJ53BCF,
32125- LJ54BEU,
32126- LJ05BJE,
32127- LJ05BKD,
32128- LJ05BKK,
32129- LJ05BLF

All Ex Arriva London, some where still in Arriva / TfL branding until recently according to this photo.

Lizard1324

My wife has to go to Helston from our home in Penzance every few weeks for medical and other reasons. Over the last few years, as she doesn't drive I have taken her and, as her visits never exceed an hour, wait to drive her back. Following an operation I'm currently unable to drive, so today she went on the U4, which operates an hourly service. I gave her the times of the buses, knowing that she'd be very lucky to make the 14.30 return from Helston, Blue Anchor, but urged her to do so if poss cos the following 15.40 bus was on special school times, so by that stop she might get left behind. In the event, she made the 14.30 with a minute to spare, to be told by the driver 'you're fortunate, I can take 35 and I've two seats left.' Now, if she'd been excluded and then had been unable to access the 15.40, the next bus is at 16.30. Is it acceptable for people to be left high and dry like this (or extremely wet, as it was for a spell this afternoon) especially when Cornwall Council through TfC are subsidising dozens of journeys on other routes which are seemingly providing a personal taxi service for the very few using them? Incidentally, my wife said most of the passengers disappeared at Porthleven, which used to have two or even three buses an hour to Helston at one time. I know bus turning at Porthleven is not an easy matter, but shouldn't an extra hourly daytime journey on another route (perhaps from the Lizard) be at least considered? Your thoughts welcome.
As a regular user of the u4 I have seen the bus full every single day as the u4 to helston at school times are full and they run two buses, one being a uni e400 and the other being a random from the depot.
But when I was on it last week I checked the first app becuase the bus looked busy and it said that there were 2 spaces remaining, but many more got on.
For the issue of more bus route into porthleven at the moment only 3 route go into here from first these being the u4, 234 and 251 but there no reason the l1 couldn't go into porthleven like it did last year

Volvodart

Established Member
The only Scania Leeds have is 61219 as far as I can see, so must be that one.

It was reported as having already been "sold" (as someone was interested in it).

Goldfish62

Established Member
Even without schoolkids loadings are significantly higher now than back in the Summer. I've been on two M6 journeys where we had to drive past intending passengers. I've also seen a couple of "full" A17s. One was a Solo SR - not the best vehicle to use at the moment.

83G/84D

Established Member
32261 a Volvo B7TL/ ALX400 has been seen in Camborne, ex South Yorkshire.

Think this one arrived a week or two ago.

awsnews

Unless one is being reinstated, the only 615xx bus left in service is in Dumbarton, 61599 and that’s a Volvo B10BLE. Correct me if I’m wrong though.
First Glasgow's B10BLEs didn't re enter service with the service increases and have been replaced at Dumbarton by B7RLEs.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Even without schoolkids loadings are significantly higher now than back in the Summer. I've been on two M6 journeys where we had to drive past intending passengers. I've also seen a couple of "full" A17s. One was a Solo SR - not the best vehicle to use at the moment.
Yes, I've seen some M6s that looked full, even over-full, and they weren't at school times. The disappearance of the 5 from the Newlyb Bridge stop Penzance bound was planned pre-Covid but there'snow surely a case for restoration of the 20 minute daytime M6 frequency all year round, if need be part subsidised by TfC.

Lizard1324

It was said before that all the buses that were brought back from scrap and borrowed / rented would disappear when the enviro 400mmc return but sorely there are more then 30 borrowed buses here now and there are only 30 ish mmc to return so are some due to stay for good (obviously not the rented buses)

richw

Veteran Member
It was said before that all the buses that were brought back from scrap and borrowed / rented would disappear when the enviro 400mmc return but sorely there are more then 30 borrowed buses here now and there are only 30 ish mmc to return so are some due to stay for good (obviously not the rented buses)
Also bear in mind because of covid restrictions there are a number of duplicates running. 2 or even 3 vehicles running the normal service of one bus

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Been a while since I last saw a non-branded bus on the M6, but in a virtually deserted Penzance this afternoon 53701 appeared, two passengers on board, and proceeded to gather four more at Greenmarket, one couple and two singletons. A few minutes later the A1 was passengerless in the Land's End direction, with one in the other direction having two on front top deck, on a beautiful early autumn afternoon.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Been a while since I last saw a non-branded bus on the M6, but in a virtually deserted Penzance this afternoon 53701 appeared, two passengers on board, and proceeded to gather four more at Greenmarket, one couple and two singletons. A few minutes later the A1 was passengerless in the Land's End direction, with one in the other direction having two on front top deck, on a beautiful early autumn afternoon.
But then it was Sunday! During last week Penzance was a picture of normality. Busy shops, streets and bus station.

charlie1284

Not sure whether this is just bustimes getting confused or not but according to bustimes apparently 32121 one of the 'new' open toppers was on the U3 earlier.

Also 53701 kernow liveried solo is on the M6.

LAIRA

Not sure whether this is just bustimes getting confused or not but according to bustimes apparently 32121 one of the 'new' open toppers was on the U3 earlier.

Also 53701 kernow liveried solo is on the M6.
See msg 12601 32121 is not an open topper but one of the recent hire buses.