• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

I really like the look of what has been made of an old training bus, certainly a cool concept.
Well, I like the idea though it would be interesting to see some internal shots.

I guess the one disappointment is the colour scheme though that may be dictated by Lands End management. It looks rather plain and not "on brand" except for the Coaster branding at the front

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On the Buses

Well, I like the idea though it would be interesting to see some internal shots.

I guess the one disappointment is the colour scheme though that may be dictated by Lands End management. It looks rather plain and not "on brand" except for the Coaster branding at the front
It is indeed designed to complement the Land’s End building it sits in front of. Interior still work in progress. It had to move this week due to impending MOT expiry date!!!

Busgeek

18 plate e400mmc on the L1 today,
First time I’ve ever seen a 18 plate on the route
Makes a change that's for sure! Saw a green MMC on the L3 also! Normally the U4X/L1 that gets a E400. Almost as if the helston depot is not trusted with enviros! I think they look remarkable in the area!

On another note, with the departure of the 3 solos... Are there any more Scotland bound? Also, as much of a shame it is to see these lovely buses go, could they not be replaced by newer buses that are of a euro 6 spec?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
On another note, with the departure of the 3 solos... Are there any more Scotland bound? Also, as much of a shame it is to see these lovely buses go, could they not be replaced by newer buses that are of a euro 6 spec?
Eh?

They don't have a use for modern vehicles that have a high book value so they've been sent to Glasgow where they do have a requirement.

Why would they replace them?

It is indeed designed to complement the Land’s End building it sits in front of. Interior still work in progress. It had to move this week due to impending MOT expiry date!!!
Thanks for clarifying. I'd have expected that you may have preferred to livery it "on brand" but you work within the constraints. Same with having to move it now - still, a welcome initiative.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

I really like the look of what has been made of an old training bus, certainly a cool concept.
Serious question - I turned down a friend's request to accompany them on a Land's End Coaster trip this year because I knew I'd need WC facilities to be available at the Lands End bus stop before the journey continued; so, does the shelter have such? The photo suggests it might do.

Goldfish62

Established Member
I didn't see it because I'm not a member, but @OntheBuses did a very interesting talk to the Omnibus Society yesterday.

A friend gave me a brief run down. There were images of the new liveries for Coast to Coast, The Copper and the open back Solos for The Mousehole, plus thoughts on how the 2021 season went and plans for the 2022 season.

vla50

I didn't see it because I'm not a member, but @OntheBuses did a very interesting talk to the Omnibus Society yesterday.

A friend gave me a brief run down. There were images of the new liveries for Coast to Coast, The Copper and the open back Solos for The Mousehole, plus thoughts on how the 2021 season went and plans for the 2022 season.
What is the copper? And are there more open back Solos?

Is there anywhere you can watch the talk back? Sounds like an interesting talk.

Goldfish62

Established Member
What is the copper? And are there more open back Solos?

Is there anywhere you can watch the talk back? Sounds like an interesting talk.
The Copper is the U2. There are to be three open-back Solos for the Mousehole.

I'm hoping the talk might appear on YouTube as sometimes the OS ones do.

LT02 NVV

Hello, I am here to ask you guys a question, did the Solo SRs 53860, 53863, and 53864 move to First Glasgow recently?

vla50

The Copper is the U2. There are to be three open-back Solos for the Mousehole.

I'm hoping the talk might appear on YouTube as sometimes the OS ones do.
That sounds so cool regarding the Solos! I imagine they won't be used year round and perhaps the 04/05/59 reg Solos will stay on the route in the winter and I imagine the other Solos used on the route won't then be replaced?

Thanks for the clarification regarding the U2.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
That sounds so cool regarding the Solos! I imagine they won't be used year round and perhaps the 04/05/59 reg Solos will stay on the route in the winter and I imagine the other Solos used on the route won't then be replaced?
On a day like today cool would be an understatement!! Saw a Coaster making its way from Penzance depot in the Hayle direction earlier as I took my car along for its annual MOT fail and I physically shivered at the thought of being a passenger on it. Beautiful sunrise though!

Goldfish62

Established Member

Thanks for the clarification regarding the U2.
That's my guess. @OntheBuses has already stated on this forum that all eight mini Solos will be in Mousehole livery. Or rather liveries, because it looks like it's going to be a multi coloured affair.

Anyway, I'm sure that @OntheBuses will sneak out the livery illustrations on Twitter in due course.

vla50

Will 66164 still be a trainer with FSW or will this be replaced with the 2 B7RLEs (I'm only asking because there used to be 3 trainers)

83G/84D

Established Member
Enviro 200 44509 is reported to be moving to Cornwall, is anyone able to confirm this and know why it's coming?

CD

If you don't mind me asking is 36100 getting repainted in preparation for the new season?
Sorry for the late reply but only just seen your post.
36100 is on winter storage inside Yeovil depot.