• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Trenitalia (Avanti!) WCML branding, naming and livery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAX

Established Member
So next time what should they do, stick a satellite map of the UK on the trains ?
Does anyone here understand anything about design ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mpthomson

Bearing in mind this is the route more than any other where you can find yourself with a very hefty bill for accidentally getting on the wrong company's train it is not exactly passenger friendly to have a similar colour livery to the other operator.

Then again this is First, it is probably in their business plan to cause such confusion and rake in the resulting on-board premium fares.

Other than that, they are also causing pointless confusion with the branding of LNER's trains and as for the livery....I will just say these things are subjective and that triangle is dreadful.

Of course it is in First’s business plan....

Meanwhile, back in the real world....

ashkeba

Established Member
The TER and Intercités liveries are both heavily based on grey. There’s no need to discuss that, have a look at my location on my profile.
I think one colour in common does not make them the same livery. Not even similar. But this green, grey and orange is confusingly similar to A WC:
640px-350373_in_LNWR_livery.jpg

Mathew S

Established Member
And the only orange on this is a triangle up one end and triangles on the cantrail stripe:
image.jpg
I think it will look more orange in real life, to be honest. There are 'accent' splodges in orange, and the logo in orange, repeated along the length of the train. I really can't see anyone getting mixed up between these and an LNR 350 other than through their own negligence.

TRAX

Established Member
I think one colour in common does not make them the same livery. Not even similar. But this green, grey and orange is confusingly similar to A WC:
640px-350373_in_LNWR_livery.jpg
I agree with you, but I think in the flesh the two liveries will look quite different.

mmh

Established Member
The only orange on that is the cantrail stripe which is on every train on the network.

Class 444, 450 and 458 don't have cantrail stripes (or at least didn't in SWT livery, I've not used them since it became SWR)

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
More posts here on what colour the trains are than in the thread which talks about what the new franchisee is actually going to do.

FWIW, I like the design and colour scheme.

ashkeba

Established Member
Do these run under overhead wires?
No but they are still a "train on the network". More importantly, does it matter why orange is there? It is still orange on the train and most passengers won't know it is a cantrail stripe.

I disagree with the previous comment saying people won't confuse the two types of green, grey and orange trains, but I accept we will not know until there are at least some real examples pictured side by side and at worst they enter service and we see more mistakes reported including maybe on the disputes board here.

mmh

Established Member
Do these run under overhead wires?

Yes. Class 458 were rebuilt/refurbished at Doncaster, for example.

There are old threads about cantrails and the SWT units lacking them, a search for something like "class 444 cantrail" should find them.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Ah well, part uniform has arrived for now, maybe slightly different in the future.

The TOC emblems...Obviously, coat/polo shirt.

20191129_190258.jpg 20191129_191936.jpg

Just don't get the A triangle.

TRAX

Established Member
That triangle is there for staff to find x when they have a bit of free time.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Yes. Class 458 were rebuilt/refurbished at Doncaster, for example.
They still didn’t get cantrail warning stripes added. I remember someone asking if they needed the stripes for Reading, but of course they’re on separated tracks there as well.

xc170

If it's an internal communication then keep it internal!

To be fair, it's not showing anything that isn't already in the public domain and neither is it showing any sensitive information....

Status
Not open for further replies.