• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Marcus Fryer

Interesting. I wonder if this is something which has been added to the National Public Transport Information (NPTI) database deliberately or accidentally? The timetable on BusTimes also shows two vehicle workings, so are both of the new E200MMCs out now, or just the one?
If you believe BusTimes 44694 has been running some journeys since 1 July and 44695 since 2 July.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stait.john

All FirstBus vehicles now must have a Ticketer machine fitted (including trainers) due to the defect reporting system now being on Ticketer and the Low Bridge warning system too. No bus is permitted to leave a depot without a Ticketer and it must be programmed to the correct fleet number too.
John

This hasn't been reported here yet, but 39472 has been repainted into a rather smart looking "Pride" livery. It now seems to work the 1/2/2a rather than it's original 73 as well!
Yes, seen it a couple of times now. A dark, almost navy, blue base with a single sash of rainbow stripes basically following the angle of the staircase. Very tastefully done I thought, eyecatching without being garish.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
The Pride livery looks very smart indeed. RouteOne have a photo of it in this article:

They're also running a photo competition.

First West of England celebrated Pride this year with the launch of a new ‘Pride Bus’ sporting a livery decorated with the progress flag and the phrase ‘love wins’.

The biogas-powered bus was launched on 8 July and will be in service around Bristol.

To celebrate the launch, the operator is running a weekly prize draw with the chance to win Pride-themed goodie bags, which include day mobile ticket voucher cards, sunglasses, face paint and neck buffs.

To enter, participants must snap the bus in a public post and share on social media with the hashtag #BristolPrideBus, while also tagging @@FirstBSA for Twitter, or @FirstWestofEngland on Facebook or Instagram.

There will be two goodie bags given away each week until 12 August.

vla50

Are the red front ALX400s at Portsmouth permanent due to the Ultra-low Emissions Zone (ULEZ)?

Last edited by a moderator:

swifty

Established Member
Are the red front ALX400s at Portsmouth permanent due to the ULEZ?
What Ultra-low Emissions Zone (ULEZ)? I think they should be due back in time for September.

Citistar

With about four weeks to go before the main autumn change at First WoE, does anyone know if are they planning to give the travelling public any more than a few days notice this time? I note that most other operators around Avon have already registered changes for 29/08.

DaveHarries

Established Member
With about four weeks to go before the main autumn change at First WoE, does anyone know if are they planning to give the travelling public any more than a few days notice this time? I note that most other operators around Avon have already registered changes for 29/08.
I don't even know what is planned but I should think that, with the exception of the Bristol 17 which I think changes due to retendering (to be split into 16 & 17), it will just be a few TimeTravel changes. I will be happy to be proved wrong though.

Dave

Buses in Bath

I don't even know what is planned but I should think that, with the exception of the Bristol 17 which I think changes due to retendering (to be split into 16 & 17), it will just be a few TimeTravel changes. I will be happy to be proved wrong though.

Dave
Known changes are:
12: Cribbs Causeway - Severn Beach - First won the tender for the 12 on Sundays
16 & 17 split as Dave said
20: Twerton - University of Bath
23: Twerton - Weston - City Centre
35: Marshfield - Kingswood only
82: Paulton - Radstock Tyning
622: Cribbs Causeway - Thornbury - First won the tender for the 622 on Sundays

Otherwise i believe just minor adjustments however we are also likely to see the true fate of the 37 with these timetable changes

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Known changes are:

Otherwise i believe just minor adjustments however we are also likely to see the true fate of the 37 with these timetable changes
82 is a tender win too? Change of strategy?

Whiteway215

Established Member
Known changes are:

20 and a 23. Is that the end of the 20a/20c? Is the new 20 a rebirth of the U2?

Marcus Fryer

I’ve been having a clear out and have a small stack of old timetable leaflets from circa 2015-2020 to dispose of (pictured below). Before I throw them in the recycling, I wondered if they would be of interest to anyone on here? They are mainly for the greater Bristol area, but there are some from further afield.
8D601AB3-2276-46D6-8C20-AEC24B57E332.jpeg

Citistar

I’ve been having a clear out and have a small stack of old timetable leaflets from circa 2015-2020 to dispose of. Before I throw them in the recycling, I wondered if they would be of interest to anyone on here? They are mainly for the greater Bristol area, but there are some from further afield.
View attachment 100595
I can see a few there i've missed over recent years, so i'd gladly take them off your hands.

Andyh82

Established Member
After they finish the Citylines 75/76 blue buses, what do you think the next ones to be branded will be?

I’m thinking it’ll be the 70-72, 90-92 as these have the weakest identity at the moment?

Also does Citylines East incorporate the 6/7, or is it just meant to cover the various 40s

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
After they finish the Citylines 75/76 blue buses, what do you think the next ones to be branded will be?

I’m thinking it’ll be the 70-72, 90-92 as these have the weakest identity at the moment?

Also does Citylines East incorporate the 6/7, or is it just meant to cover the various 40s
Citylines East does indeed include the 6/7 as well as the current 17 and the 42-45.

Don’t know how many 75/76 they’ve painted yet (just a couple) and with a number of Bath vehicles still to paint, they should focus on those first.

Be interesting to see what they use on the 82 in
Radstock. Usually a Solo with FromeBus

Marcus Fryer

Don’t know how many 75/76 they’ve painted yet (just a couple) and with a number of Bath vehicles still to paint, they should focus on those first.
According to bustimes.org 37587-94 inclusive have been repainted blue. From personal observations (I’ve seen most of these, apart from 37592/4) I would say this is accurate.

Tommy Walters

According to bustimes.org 37587-94 inclusive have been repainted blue. From personal observations (I’ve seen most of these, apart from 37592/4) I would say this is accurate.
Weird thing about these is that the branding is just plain "Citylines" . Whether anything will be added in due course I do not know.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I genuinely didn't know and I'm loathe to rely on bustimes or UK Buses; sad we know longer have the excellent reports from Steve White.

They've got a bit to do with the Bath fleet though it is coming together - a few e400s and 6 ex Leeds B9s, plus you'd hope the ex Bolton B9s are also to be done. So with the 75/76, there's a lot to be done before they should get involved in doing other corridors.

Andyh82

Established Member
I genuinely didn't know and I'm loathe to rely on bustimes or UK Buses; sad we know longer have the excellent reports from Steve White.

They've got a bit to do with the Bath fleet though it is coming together - a few e400s and 6 ex Leeds B9s, plus you'd hope the ex Bolton B9s are also to be done. So with the 75/76, there's a lot to be done before they should get involved in doing other corridors.
Also is situation with the Streetdecks in “Steel Link” Sheffield livery getting Bath Spa Unibus branding permanent or just a stop gap?

Whiteway215

Established Member
Dunno but it’s not really a problem. They look smarter than the e400mmc on the U1
The shade of paint on the Streetdecks looks very similar to that on the old B7TLs (although the blue on 32069/70/75/76/83/96 was rather more faded by the time they went to Kernow!)

stait.john

Hengrove Streetdeck 35161 is on loan to Weymouth for a three week trial on Jurassic Coasters, B9 37586 has gone the other way in exchange.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Hengrove Streetdeck 35161 is on loan to Weymouth for a three week trial on Jurassic Coasters, B9 37586 has gone the other way in exchange.
As has been mentioned, 35161 was one of the Streetdecks that was delivered new to Wells depot for the 376. They couldn't cope with the hills and the level of high speed running and I can't see that using them on JC routes will be a good idea.

IMO, they'd be better off getting some of Norwich's 12 plate ex Leeds B9TLs. Then send the Streetdecks to Norwich to update the fleet there in a less demanding geography. Incidentally, 35161 was one of 8 (35160-7) that were destined for Norwich but were swapped for 11 Streetlite Maxes due for Wells.