• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Whiteway215

Established Member
According to the tracker 32291 is on the 172 this morning. Another bit of tracker trickery?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

I do believe that the bus tracking as 32291 is 37633 or 37634 one of the aberdeen b9s

According to the tracker 32291 is on the 172 this morning. Another bit of tracker trickery?
Yeah I do believe it is one of the ex aberdeen b9s not 32291 as that is awaiting transfer

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Has it been mentioned here that the North Somerset Coaster ALXs are being sold?
Mention has been made of the sale of closed top 32006 to Confidence of Leicester (along with 32004/8). However, it has been noted that 32001/2 appear to have reverted to their old W-PAE plates but, as far as @spw24 reported, they are still in Lawrence Hill depot.

If disposal awaits, it's a surprise that they'd be sold and that with a possible/probable uptick in domestic tourism, they might be well used in Weston this year. Of course, it could be that there could be newer deckers converted to open top but a) that's wild speculation and b) they'd be cutting it fine for any conversions to be done

carlberry

Established Member
Mention has been made of the sale of closed top 32006 to Confidence of Leicester (along with 32004/8). However, it has been noted that 32001/2 appear to have reverted to their old W-PAE plates but, as far as @spw24 reported, they are still in Lawrence Hill depot.

If disposal awaits, it's a surprise that they'd be sold and that with a possible/probable uptick in domestic tourism, they might be well used in Weston this year. Of course, it could be that there could be newer deckers converted to open top but a) that's wild speculation and b) they'd be cutting it fine for any conversions to be done
Post 13834 on the First Kernow thread says that somebody else said 'the 20 wont be open top this year' which might be a reference to Weston's 20 however the quoted link is private so it could be about a different 20 or wild speculation. However I haven't heard anything about a fix for the council's reluctance to cut the trees on the 20 route which would be an issue for the open toppers. It's always possible that Bristol would borrow some of Kernows fleet if needed.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Post 13834 on the First Kernow thread says that somebody else said 'the 20 wont be open top this year' which might be a reference to Weston's 20 however the quoted link is private so it could be about a different 20 or wild speculation. However I haven't heard anything about a fix for the council's reluctance to cut the trees on the 20 route which would be an issue for the open toppers. It's always possible that Bristol would borrow some of Kernows fleet if needed.
Well, the damage to two vehicles from low hanging trees is an issue. It's more of an issue for open toppers (for obvious reasons) but still a problem with closed tops. You certainly couldn't get away with singles on the 20 in summer. I remember when BoS had it as the 21 from Taunton. Aside from the real challenges with reliability, I travelled on it one day when they were still using 663** B7Ls amongst a few ex Glasgow Tridents. Leaving Weston, I think we were full before Uphill and the Hospital; as many as four people had actually paid as well ;)

Got another one of those B7Ls back on the long gone 102!

Whiteway215

Established Member
On the subject of Weston I see it’s reported that 39005 is transferring there from Bath.
Also another two Aberdeen B9s 37637/8 appear to have joined 37633/4 at Bath.

swifty

Established Member
Well, the damage to two vehicles from low hanging trees is an issue. It's more of an issue for open toppers (for obvious reasons) but still a problem with closed tops. You certainly couldn't get away with singles on the 20 in summer. I remember when BoS had it as the 21 from Taunton. Aside from the real challenges with reliability, I travelled on it one day when they were still using 663** B7Ls amongst a few ex Glasgow Tridents. Leaving Weston, I think we were full before Uphill and the Hospital; as many as four people had actually paid as well ;)

Got another one of those B7Ls back on the long gone 102!

From what’s been said it seems to be down to the low trees along the route of the 20, it doesn’t seem like they’ll be cut back so they can’t be used at present. There was a mention that the Streetlites being used are also being hit by the trees as well!

It was mentioned that an open topped is being kept for the 1 and will be joined by 39005.

On the subject of Weston I see it’s reported that 39005 is transferring there from Bath.
Also another two Aberdeen B9s 37637/8 appear to have joined 37633/4 at Bath.
None of them are in Bath at the moment, they’re having E6 work done on the way down. I think @Jordan Adam mentioned 10 were being freed up?

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
From what’s been said it seems to be down to the low trees along the route of the 20, it doesn’t seem like they’ll be cut back so they can’t be used at present. There was a mention that the Streetlites being used are also being hit by the trees as well!

It was mentioned that an open topped is being kept for the 1 and will be joined by 39005.
A sunny day and the 20 will be heaving!

39005 heading to Weston, echoing the use of similar vehicles by Crosville. Will they have any greater success at keeping the thing on the road? Be better off sending it back to York!

swifty

Established Member
Another hybrid in Weston! The last ones didnt do too well even after being open topped!

Did they ever make it back on the road after Crosville?

A sunny day and the 20 will be heaving!

39005 heading to Weston, echoing the use of similar vehicles by Crosville. Will they have any greater success at keeping the thing on the road? Be better off sending it back to York!
It will certainly be interesting, especially if there’s still any capacity limitations!

Didn’t the York batch end up being converted to diesel at Wrightbus on the end?

Whiteway215

Established Member

None of them are in Bath at the moment, they’re having E6 work done on the way down. I think @Jordan Adam mentioned 10 were being freed up?
Where will they have Euro6 work done? Thornton’s?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Did they ever make it back on the road after Crosville?
Some of them did (credit to photographer)

Don't know if the York ones did get converted. York has an LEZ so don't know if they had to be converted for that?

NJ51

It is notable that according to the tracker the Weston Streetlites in Badgerline livery have been used on the 20 ( and the 1 ) for the last few days. So perhaps the 20 will be part of the "town" services this year . Two open toppers and 39005 for spare / wet weather should cover the 1 for the summer timetable. With the lock down extended until May there will not be too many passengers for a while.

Last edited:

Callum15632

It says withdrawn 66725 is on the Bath and West Showground Shuttles today but I thought it got withdrawn do any of you know which bus that one actually is Thanks.

Whiteway215

Established Member
It says withdrawn 66725 is on the Bath and West Showground Shuttles today but I thought it got withdrawn do any of you know which bus that one actually is Thanks.
66725 was withdrawn at Bath around 9 January. All its sisters at Bath went for scrap apart from 66726 which is preserved. I was told 66725 was down to be donated somewhere. Today I heard it had gone to the Fire Service Training Centre so I doubt if it’s the bus on the Showground Shuttles.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Bath’s 32329/30/43 have now been transferred to the Wessex, Dorset and South Somerset tracker and there is discussion on First Hampshire & Dorset Enthusiasts website they are due for open top conversion.

cnjb8

Established Member
Bath’s 32329/30/43 have now been transferred to the Wessex, Dorset and South Somerset tracker and there is discussion on First Hampshire & Dorset Enthusiasts website they are due for open top conversion.
Would it be alright if you provided a link to that website? Just want to check it out :)