• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Established Member
I don’t think there’s been many VAR offside decisions that, by the letter of the Law, are incorrect. As frustrating as whatever the minimal margin may be, it is a black and white law, so offside is offside.

The thing I don't understand about the Bamford decision, and I didn't watch it live so I don't know if they showed any other angles, is how they can measure the position of the defender behind Bamford? We can't see his back foot in the image, and have no idea what his left arm is doing.

And I know it's the law, but I don't think anyone calling for VAR expected it to be used like this. As used in rugby, the situation where anyone is likely to have seen a video ref before football, Bamford would not be offside.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
I can’t get over my delight at tonight’s result. It wasn’t an easy watch, but Scotland got over the line and did it. It’s also the first time in my life they’ve qualified for a major tournament. o_O
We’ll do nothing at the Euros, but it’s enough of an achievement to brighten up this year.

VauxhallandI

Established Member
I can’t get over my delight at tonight’s result. It wasn’t an easy watch, but Scotland got over the line and did it. It’s also the first time in my life they’ve qualified for a major tournament. o_O
We’ll do nothing at the Euros, but it’s enough of an achievement to brighten up this year.
Another horrible night but with a sweet finish. I remember standing in the fountain at Trafalgar Sq in ‘98 like it was yesterday

Butts

Veteran Member

Miracles do occur occasionally !!!

We've got England at Wembley next June now... :E

Jamesrob637

Established Member
England
Scotland (Alba)
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Ceska Republika

Four countries I know and love

youngiecj

The game between Darlington and Boston was abandoned yesterday evening after around 86 minutes due to an injury to Darlington player Nicky Hunt with the visitors leading 2-0. The league will have to determine the outcome of the game but it seems sensible to award the 3 points to the Pilgrims..

Hunt was injured in a challenge with a challenge with an attacker, was knocked unconscious and suffered a suspected neck injury.He was treated on the pitch for more than an hour for the injury before being taken to hospital by ambulance at 23:00

Very happily he was released form hospital early this morning following a scan on his head and neck and has been given the all has been given the all-clear.

Glad to hear he is ok. Looked nasty at the time. Be interesting to see what happens now in regards to the match.

Miracles do occur occasionally !!!

We've got England at Wembley next June now... :E
Just happen to have tickets for that!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Glad to hear he is ok. Looked nasty at the time. Be interesting to see what happens now in regards to the match.

It was a bad one but he seems to be ok There was good supporting work from the Boston medical team on the night. The match should be awarded to Boston. We were poor and deserved to get nothing.

youngiecj

It was a bad one but he seems to be ok There was good supporting work from the Boston medical team on the night. The match should be awarded to Boston. We were poor and deserved to get nothing.
Player safety is always the priority. I hope so, thought we were the better team for the most part. Was impressed with your streaming service though, was excellent. Interestingly if we have to play again we have 38 matches in 25 weeks!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Player safety is always the priority. I hope so, thought we were the better team for the most part. Was impressed with your streaming service though, was excellent. Interestingly if we have to play again we have 38 matches in 25 weeks!

it is a very good service: all volunteer funded, created & managed. 4 cameras, replays, graphics and now stats also all coupled up with the fans radio commentary. £7.95 per match if you don't own a season ticket.

it was better than the Swindon stream in the cup!

Darandio

Established Member
it is a very good service: all volunteer funded, created & managed. 4 cameras, replays, graphics and now stats also all coupled up with the fans radio commentary. £7.95 per match if you don't own a season ticket.

Guiseley are making tonights game available for free and are hoping to continue it in the future so are asking for donations. I know a few Darlo fans that are donating the £7.95 that they normally pay for a home game.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Guiseley are making tonights game available for free and are hoping to continue it in the future so are asking for donations. I know a few Darlo fans that are donating the £7.95 that they normally pay for a home game.

they are having a pay what you think it is worth day apparently.

Butts

Veteran Member

Just happen to have tickets for that!

Did you wangle them without an inkling of who the teams would be ?

Normal service resumed against Slovakia who only had 1 point before putting us to the sword the other night :oops:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The score of Guiseley 1 ... Darlington 4 must have pleased you. Where did you get the lad who scored the fourth goal?

Erico Sousa? We got him from Tadcaster Albion after a really good showing in the cup against us. He is Portuguese and come of of the Manchester City academy and played for Accrington and Tranmere. Capped at under 19 level for Portugal. Looks like a useful little player.

youngiecj

Normal service resumed against Slovakia who only had 1 point before putting us to the sword the other night :oops:
Kind of. I’m an England travel member so have got tickets for all the group matches and rest of the tournament if England profess (unlikely!).

Butts

Veteran Member

And now beaten 1-0 by Israel , no back door to the World Cup - or front in all probability without a decent striker. :oops:

VauxhallandI

Established Member
And now beaten 1-0 by Israel , no back door to the World Cup - or front in all probability without a decent striker. :oops:
Yep we even manage to depress just after qualification

It was a huge failure to lose both those games especially bossing them both in the main

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Former Leicester City, Barnsley, Brentford, Blackpool, Aberdeen and most importantly Darlington player and manager Tommy Wright has become a trainee police officer. Not all footballers go on to life a life of luxury

Leicestershire Police:​

After a career tackling on the pitch, one of the force’s latest recruits is now turning his attention to a life of tackling crime.

To many football fans 35 year old Tommy Wright will be a familiar face, after a successful career playing for clubs including Leicester City, Barnsley, Brentford, Blackpool and Aberdeen he’s stepping up to score goals of a different kind as a trainee police officer.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member

Excellent coverage from Darlington on Tuesday night and a very fair commentary. I'd been looking forward to a trip to the Arena but 3 pts watching nervously on my PC more than compensates. Good luck at Bristol Rovers on Sunday.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Excellent coverage from Darlington on Tuesday night and a very fair commentary. I'd been looking forward to a trip to the Arena but 3 pts watching nervously on my PC more than compensates. Good luck at Bristol Rovers on Sunday.

We were poor again. Another home defeat. We cant break down well organised defensive lines if we fall behind. Score early and we are fine.

4 camera positions for the last game! Hope the BBC are up to scratch on Sunday ;)

youngiecj

2-1 defeat at AFC Fylde. Disappointing result when we led. Onwards to Gloucester on Wednesday.