• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Formula 1

greatvoyager

Established Member
The only problem is that any move is (presumably) going to be a downgrade on the mercedes seat. I think either he stays in the merc seat (and once more gets soundly beaten by Lewis) or leaves F1
I’m not so sure, big regulation changes tend to mix the grid up, and next year is going to have substantially different cars.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Some rather BIG news this morning!

The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team is delighted to announce a two-year extension to its partnership with the reigning seven-time World Drivers’ Champion Lewis Hamilton, continuing a relationship that has become the most successful team and driver pairing in Formula One history. Lewis will drive for Mercedes in the 2022 and 2023 seasons, his 10th and 11th with the Brackley based team.

I must confess, I expected him to bow out this year. Maybe if the Red Bull weren't a serious risk to the 8th title he would have.

I can see what you say - perhaps too, that he knows Mercedes still going to remain at the sharp end next season?

Also Crofty and Chandok are dropping ten-tun hints, that his teammate for 2022 could be announced at Silverstone.

And IF it’s George, I can’t imagine THE SCENE’S at Woodlands Campsite in 2 weeks!

O L Leigh

Established Member
Lando Norris…? Chuck Norris more like. I remember watching him in British F4 on the TOCA package and it’s great to see him performing so well at the highest level of motorsport. I bet Daniel never expected to be bested in such a dominant fashion.

And as for Russell and Williams. Dare I start to believe that the team are back on the up…?

birchesgreen

Established Member
Verstappen has a big enough lead that he can now afford to play the percentages a bit though i suspect he'll just continue the way he's going as its working out pretty well for him!

Geezertronic

Established Member
Hamilton said it was about the long game then promptly sent it down the escape road at the restart of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix blaming an accidental pressed button. Thing is that if it was about the long game, he may have been able to get away with it without the late braking and not accidentally pressed the button - 2nd would have been much better than 15th.

The thing is they can say anything whilst being interviewed, but on track the competitive nature usually takes over.

Australia sadly called off, after a breakdown in negotiations to allow Quarantine Free access to the country.

A replacement race to be confirmed in due course.

The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) in conjunction with the Victorian Government and Formula 1® today announced the 2021 Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix has been cancelled due to restrictions and logistical challenges relating to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

JohnMcL7

It's not unusual for Mercedes to have a weaker opening half to the season and a stronger finish, I remember two or three years ago watching the Ferraris soar past the Mercedes at Spa and thinking it was going to be Ferrari's year. However Mercedes were able to come back but I wonder are the budget caps going to prevent that happening?

birchesgreen

Established Member
There has been a lot of talk about Mercedes not developing the car much due to the budget cap but that could all be a bit of kidology of course.

DelW

Established Member
We only rarely get live Formula One on free to air TV.

We only rarely get live England cricket on free to air TV.

On Sunday we've got both :lol: - but they're on at the same time :rolleyes: :(

It’s Silverstone weekend!

And I will be watching from home, having been pinged HALF AN HOUR before my I was due to leave from Wolves.

AHHH!

And I'm not the only folk with problems: McLaren CEO Zak Brown and 2 Other Staff Members have tested positive:

McLaren Racing confirmed today that three team members, including CEO Zak Brown, tested positive for covid-19 during the team’s rigorous testing programme before the British Grand Prix. Neither of our drivers are close contacts.

All three cases are unconnected and now isolating in accordance with government guidelines. The team’s operations for the British Grand Prix are unaffected.

And Bad News: George Russell given a 3 Place Penalty, for causing a collision through the smallest of touches with Carlos Sainz, in Sprint Qualifying’s opening lap

Last edited: