• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

REVUpminster

How many EU commissioners does it take to change a light bulb.

Nobody knows; they're too busy suing the manufacturer of the defective bulb.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
How many EU commissioners does it take to change a light bulb.

Nobody knows; they're too busy suing the manufacturer of the defective bulb.
How many British ministers and civil servants does it take to change a light bulb?

Eleven: one to determine that the bulb needs replacing; one to send out the invitation to tender for the supply of the replacement bulb; one to examine the bids and select the appropriate one; one to lobby the person responsible for selecting the winning bid to choose the company they are friends with the director of; one to call out the person lobbying to the public; one to fire the person lobbying; one to complete a risk assessment for the replacement of the light bulb; one to verify that the risk assessment was completed correctly; one to attempt to change the bulb and mess it up beyond belief; one to fire the person who messed it up; and finally, one to actually change the damn bulb.

MotCO

Established Member
How many British ministers and civil servants does it take to change a light bulb?

Eleven: one to determine that the bulb needs replacing; one to send out the invitation to tender for the supply of the replacement bulb; one to examine the bids and select the appropriate one; one to lobby the person responsible for selecting the winning bid to choose the company they are friends with the director of; one to call out the person lobbying to the public; one to fire the person lobbying; one to complete a risk assessment for the replacement of the light bulb; one to verify that the risk assessment was completed correctly; one to attempt to change the bulb and mess it up beyond belief; one to fire the person who messed it up; and finally, one to actually change the damn bulb.

Sad, but probably true :s

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches

You missed one out - the person who says "that is a very courageous decision, Minister" :)

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
How many brexiteers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. The lightbulb has not yet arrived in the UK as a result of not having the correct paperwork and we don't want those naff foreign-made bulbs anyway. We'll make do with candles until Mr Dyson invents the super-duper Great British Lightbulb. Darkness means darkness :p

Journeyman

Established Member
Two sausages, a rasher of bacon, an egg and a hash brown walk into a bar.

The barman says, "sorry, we don't serve breakfast in here."

Calthrop

Established Member
I'd like to be a lightbulb in Taylor Swift's house. She could turn me on and give me full filament every time.

I'm so ignorant and not tuned-in to pop culture: that I think "taylor swift" is the name of an exotic tropical bird species, which meticulously and beautifully sews out of leaves, a nest for its eggs...

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I'm so ignorant and not tuned-in to pop culture: that I think "taylor swift" is the name of an exotic tropical bird species, which meticulously and beautifully sews out of leaves, a nest for its eggs...
The name "Taylor Swift" brings to mind this ancient Alexei Sayle sketch:

Journeyman

Established Member
What do you call a deer with no eye?

No idea!!!

What do you call a deer with no eyes or legs.

Still no idea!!!!!!!
In a similar vein, what do you call a fly with no wings?

A walk.

What do you call a bear with no ear?

B.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Apparently the BBC are going to reboot a classic sitcom from the 1970s which starred Michael Crawford... however in order to connect with the modern youth of today it'll be called "Some Mothers Do Of 'em".

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Inexperienced young trainspotter after his first visit to Liverpool Street station: "Alexa, tell me about the Renatus programme".

Computer: "René Artois was the main character in a BBC sitcom..."

Calthrop

Established Member
I freely admit that I live under a rock: but -- please might some kind person explain to me the gist of the last six posts? I've heard of 'Allo 'Allo and "Good Moaning"; but this Alexa stuff -- ???

Calthrop

Established Member
@simonw -- thanks ! If there were a basic-knowledge test / exam which had to be passed for computer-ownership, I would definitely never be allowed to own such a machine...

simonw

@simonw -- thanks ! If there were a basic-knowledge test / exam which had to be passed for computer-ownership, I would definitely never be allowed to own such a machine...
No problem, they have a bit of a reputation for 'spying' on people, or listening into conversations. Some of the stories maybe true....

najaB

Veteran Member
A German, an Italian, a Frenchman, and an Englishman are debating philosophy. The question arises over the course of their debates: what separates man from the animals?

"Technology," says the German. "Other creatures have tools, yet none can match the heights of engineering we have accomplished. It is our industry that separates us from the beasts."

"I disagree," announces the Italian. "It is our food. The creatures of the wild eat, but they do not cook. Humans on the other hand, create amazing dishes and new combination that make eating a most enjoyable experience."

"I say it's art," decides the Frenchman. "No other being can create art. From our earliest days we have painted, and now we sculpt, write and compose as well. The wild animals cannot ever know what it is like to cry over a beautiful piece of art."

All three now look towards the Englishman, expecting his answer. He takes a long sip of tea before answering, "The Channel".
-------------------------
An atheist was spending a quiet day fishing when suddenly his boat was attacked by the Loch Ness monster. In one easy flip, the beast tossed him and his boat high into the air. Then it opened its mouth to swallow both.

As the man sailed head over heels, he cried out, “Oh, my God! Please help me!”

At once, the ferocious attack scene froze in place, and as the atheist hung in mid-air, a booming voice came down from the clouds, “I thought you didn’t believe in Me!”

“Come on God, give me a break!!” the man pleaded. “Two minutes ago I didn’t believe in the Loch Ness monster either!”

ABB125

Established Member
I have no idea if this has been told before in this thread, but I'll write it anyway!

(Spanish accent) "I once met two Spanish firemen. They were called Hose A and Hose B"

Status
Not open for further replies.