• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Free Railway signal arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavedata

Hi, I live in a former Station House on the Newark to Melton line. A few years ago I found hidden in bushes alongside the track a fallen concrete signal post with the arm mechanism on the top. I retrieved the mechanism with a vague idea of attaching it to a bridge near me. It's laid in my gaden ever since. If anyone wants it they can have it for free just come and pick it up.
Any Takers?signal-arm.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Nobody interested? Junction Railwayana sell items like this for quite a sum.

If nobody responds this week it will go to the local tip.

http://junctionrailwayana.com/heavy...ble-lever-arm-assembly-from-wood-post-signal/
Hi @slavedata Not sure if they see this so may not be aware of what could be a v useful offer, but it may be worth e-mailing eg the Great central railway at Loughborough or Nottingham to see if they want it for spare parts etc. Mark your e-mail for attention of S&T department. Same for any other preserved railway etc within reach of you.

If it was on a concrete post it's likely I suspect to be a Great Northern Railway origin signal - but you probably know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.