• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom of the North West Rover 7 day (and 4 in 8) Tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSel

These tickets appear to be valid between Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Piccadilly via Warrington Central, but the list of 'Participating train companies' does not include East Midlands Railway.

Can anyone advise whether this is an erroneous omission in the published information, or whether such tickets are indeed not valid on EMR services, please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I suspect this in an error on National Rail, I cannot see no reason why EMR wouldn't accept the tickets.

Harpers Tate

Established Member
There is a similar error on the North East rovers - and that's been there for a long time. The route map includes Gainsborough <> Doncaster, but the TOCs excludes EMR who are the sole TOC. Previously the same was true of EMT. And, since May last, the Barton on Humber branch is similarly misrepresented.

It's pointless trying to get through to National Rail by any means of communication. Try telling them that there IS without any doubt an error - it's either the TOC list or the map since the two are entirely contradictory, and the front-line "droids" can't cope with the illogic and they shut down.

APT618S

There is a similar error on the North East rovers - and that's been there for a long time. The route map includes Gainsborough <> Doncaster, but the TOCs excludes EMR who are the sole TOC. Previously the same was true of EMT. And, since May last, the Barton on Humber branch is similarly misrepresented.
I have also used North East rovers on what was EMT between Leeds and Sheffield without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.