• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner East Mids Gateway - Felixstowe | Odd Routing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTONOV 12BP

As the title states, the query, in particular, is associated with the Freightliner intermodal service from East Mids - Felixstowe which seems to be assigned on quite the adventurous voyage down the NLL suburbs through Stratford via the speedy ECML cruise down Retford for this week & next week. Other Intermodals that are worked by DBC & GBRF are also engaging in this little venture too down the NLL and onto the ECML via the journey from the GEML. You'd think that the conventional journey down the March line would at least reduce a bit of mileage! As of currently, does anyone have any info concerning the bizarre routing in place? Thanks in advance!

Here is the odd routing in question: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H64554/2021-07-27/detailed

Usual route: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:H64554/2021-08-09/detailed

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
Nothing bizarre as happens every 6 weeks or so while there is engineering work on the normal route.

ANTONOV 12BP

I've also figured engineering work of the sorts would be the most plausible outcome to this routing mystery. But I just wanted to consult in case if I ended up jumping the gun a little too soon. What sort of engineering works are they carrying out there? Track renewal?

Veteran Member
OT, but I suppose there is a good reason why the service runs via Doncaster in the first place rather than via Syston Junctions?

Dr Hoo

Established Member
When was Trent to Syston gauge cleared for larger containers on standard intermodal wagons?

Status
Not open for further replies.