• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Driver Course - Nov 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete C

Yes I was told that but I wondered if it depended on your proximity to the training venue and to train stations etc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Yes I was told that but I wondered if it depended on your proximity to the training venue and to train stations etc
Maybe, they just seemed very generic at my DMI like it was what they do as the norm.

R Trevithick

In the past they have provided a car from your Home Depot, eg Crewe, to the training in say, Ipswich.

Grouped a few people together to travel in the one car, share the driving etc.

Down on Sunday (at a mutually agreed time), back on Friday after classroom work.

This may or maybe not what they are planning this time.

If your based at Crewe and the training is a Crewe then I’m not sure how that works

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Did anybody apply for the latest round at Tilbury, Wembley and Acton?

GMT

Did anybody apply for the latest round at Tilbury, Wembley and Acton?
I did, I think. Was it the one where you had to use the password made of letters and numbers shown on the main page in order to have access to the questionnaire/section with questions regarding the company/SJT? I did it on Friday last week.

Stigy

Established Member
I did, I think. Was it the one where you had to use the password made of letters and numbers shown on the main page in order to have access to the questionnaire/section with questions regarding the company/SJT? I did it on Friday last week.
You don’t remember if you applied? If so, the memory test at stage two may pose some problems with you... ;) :lol:

GMT

You don’t remember if you applied? If so, the memory test at stage two may pose some problems with you... ;) :lol:
Senior moment, as I'm applying for so many companies that I've lost track :s. I have already passed written and computer assessments though (enhanced) with GTR some time ago.

Cheggers

4 shifts left! Can't bloody wait!
Same here mate, 4 shifts to go then no more train passengers to contend with lol. Been caning the overtime because of the drop in wages for first 11 weeks. Now we've got letter yesterday, seems a bit more real and all very exciting. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the Monday 26th.

Class323201

Same here mate, 4 shifts to go then no more train passengers to contend with lol. Been caning the overtime because of the drop in wages for first 11 weeks. Now we've got letter yesterday, seems a bit more real and all very exciting. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the Monday 26th.
Only 1 Shift left for me looking forward to starting with everyone on the 26th!

Pete C

So how are they doing it exactly? And how long before did you find out? Just curious because I'm on the Dec course in Ipswich so only a couple of weeks to go!

jaybarts

You will get a letter approximately 2 weeks before your course, that letter will have a detailed summary of your training schedule. It will also have your hotel and hire car confirmation if that’s applicable to you.

Good luck for the course in Ipswich, still can’t quite believe we start on monday.

4F89

Can't believe I'm unemployed for 2 days.... So ready for Monday!

Pete C

You will get a letter approximately 2 weeks before your course, that letter will have a detailed summary of your training schedule. It will also have your hotel and hire car confirmation if that’s applicable to you.

Good luck for the course in Ipswich, still can’t quite believe we start on monday.
So they're giving everyone who lives a ways away a hire car? Seems excessive, the guy in my DMI told me that you might share one between a few people.

And thanks, same to you! I'll be watching this thread to see how it's going and to know what to expect in a couple of weeks when I start :D

jaybarts

So they're giving everyone who lives a ways away a hire car? Seems excessive, the guy in my DMI told me that you might share one between a few people.

And thanks, same to you! I'll be watching this thread to see how it's going and to know what to expect in a couple of weeks when I start :D

No they aren’t giving everyone a car each, if you’re local to someone on your course you will share.

Stigy

Established Member

I assume it’s cheaper than paying for train fares? I know NWR do, but they probably get a good price I’d image.

Lendog2012

Good luck for you guys starting the course today, wish you all the best and hope to be joining you when I get a date! (Date on joining a course and not a date of the female variety :lol:)

Stigy

Established Member
Good luck (belated!) for those who started today, best wishes! It's been a longish road with Freightliner, but you're there now! Please keep us updated!

Seejwalker

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of the pay breakdown from trainee rate to full competence, apologies that this is a reoccurring question but I didn't want to concern myelf until things got real, and as I've been invited to do a medical, it's getting real enough for me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.