• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Thanks all, no I’m Guide Bridge which is handy as it’s 20 minutes away from my house!

Wonder where the training will be...!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spyder01

It's great to hear good news, especially those that I've met at test/assessment days, Rose etc.
Looks like summer time for Birmingham

Mgv1349

24k after 11 weeks though, down from 36k stated at the interview... I'm guessing this is how they're deciding to get around getting grads to work overtime without paying them then :s
They told you 36 for when in training?

Nishhh

Nice one mate , your down for thamesport as well aren't you ? Fantastic knowing when we're likely to start , can't wait .

Yeah I am, you too?
Feels like things are finally moving now...
Just wondering where the training is going to take place.

Pete C

Unlikely to be Ipswich as we won't be finished by then. So I guess either Crewe or a third venue.

Lendog2012

Really is great news that things are now moving and many of you have start dates, especially for those who have been waiting 10yrs to get in to this game!! Well Done. Lets hope the rest of the training courses come around soon which being reasonable would be around July time perhaps??

Paulm36

Yeah I am, you too?
Feels like things are finally moving now...
Just wondering where the training is going to take place.
Yes mate thamesport . Hopefully now they've got a date booked in they'll finalise all the details and let us know soon.

DMcq2010

24k after 11 weeks though, down from 36k stated at the interview... I'm guessing this is how they're deciding to get around getting grads to work overtime without paying them then :s

I think the training wage differs from IM to HH. I think the IM drivers get more money during training then HH leapfrog that once fully productive.

Nishhh

To be honest Im not going to hand my notice in until I've signed a contract . But I'm quite lucky in that I only have to give 2 weeks notice .

Same here my notice is only 2 weeks so will be waiting until March itself to hand it in plus I also feel like I should wait until a contract is signed just to be 100%.

Nishhh

Yes mate thamesport . Hopefully now they've got a date booked in they'll finalise all the details and let us know soon.

My letter is asking for me to apply for CRB so depending on how long that takes I’m thinking I still have a way to go until I receive a contract and any details of where the training will be...

martin2345uk

Established Member
My letter is asking for me to apply for CRB so depending on how long that takes I’m thinking I still have a way to go until I receive a contract and any details of where the training will be...

Only takes a few days for the Cornbrook to come through :)

Paulm36

Yeah same here , but I took the risk and did it when they rang me about the medical . I did disclosure Scotland and it only took a couple of days . Hopefully we'll get a contract sooner rather than later , just for a bit of piece of mind .

Nishhh

Yeah same here , but I took the risk and did it when they rang me about the medical . I did disclosure Scotland and it only took a couple of days . Hopefully we'll get a contract sooner rather than later , just for a bit of piece of mind .

Totally agree, okay so basic Scottish is acceptable then

Status
Not open for further replies.