• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jecharles

Still got to go for my medical but I’m in good health so fingers crossed shouldn’t be an issue. HR said more info will be sent out in the coming weeks.

Coach Carter

Surely there can’t only be one person on the forum heard from them today?
I’m not holding much hope of hearing anything in next few days myself.

Stigy

Established Member
Bear in mind you will receive a generic out of office reply saying that recruitment has now closed etc etc (assuming it has) however they will receive your mail and reply accordingly. It’s the only email they use I believe.

Jack67

Bear in mind you will receive a generic out of office reply saying that recruitment has now closed etc etc (assuming it has) however they will receive your mail and reply accordingly. It’s the only email they use I believe.
Yes thanks. That’s what I thought.
Has anyone else heard about May training?

SpitfireAle

Has anyone else heard about May training?

Nope.

I'm trying to put the pool etc out of mind completely and just get on with life in the mean time. I think about it all far too much. Checking my emails umpteen times a day in hope. It isn't going to speed things up for me or change anything. I don't think I will get a start for a long time. So just trying to forget about it for now.

Jack67

Nope.

I'm trying to put the pool etc out of mind completely and just get on with life in the mean time. I think about it all far too much. Checking my emails umpteen times a day in hope. It isn't going to speed things up for me or change anything. I don't think I will get a start for a long time. So just trying to forget about it for now.
Yes. Good advice. Easier said than done though. Lol.

DMcq2010

I'm ok to wait, it's just the uncertainty that's a bit of a killer. If I was told that I was on course in October for example it's just the date that needs finalising. That would be ok. But we have to think that there guys even waiting before us. Once in it will be a long and great career.

crebbs1

I'm ok to wait, it's just the uncertainty that's a bit of a killer. If I was told that I was on course in October for example it's just the date that needs finalising. That would be ok. But we have to think that there guys even waiting before us. Once in it will be a long and great career.

Exactly the same for me, don’t hate my day to day job that I have right now so it’s not a problem waiting but the uncertainty of not knowing if it will definitely happen is a real dampener, can just remain hopeful and carry on.

SpitfireAle

That's exactly it. The uncertainty. When you are going through the selection process you are so focused and determined on getting through and being accepted that I didn't or couldn't really think of anything but passing and getting in. It was always there in the back of my mind I suppose, the talent pool and the wait etc, but I hadn't really thought about it much until I was in it. Now I'm in the pool it is like being in limbo. Absolutely no direction to follow and there is nothing to do but wait. Could be waiting a few months. Could be a year. Could be longer. Who knows. It's driving me insane. So I have to now just put it aside and ignore it. Or at least try my best. I never thought I'd go from being so happy at getting into the pool, to feeling so deflated and unsure of what's to come. I am in the Greater Manchester area. I just have this funny feeling that opportunities up this way aren't or won't be cropping up nearly as frequently as in other parts of the country. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's how I feel at the moment.

FLHOPE

Hi I'm a Birmingham talent pool swimmer too waiting on medical it really is the longest wait lol checking emails so often well done to all who have got in already or have dates

GLENMAYE77

That's exactly it. The uncertainty. When you are going through the selection process you are so focused and determined on getting through and being accepted that I didn't or couldn't really think of anything but passing and getting in. It was always there in the back of my mind I suppose, the talent pool and the wait etc, but I hadn't really thought about it much until I was in it. Now I'm in the pool it is like being in limbo. Absolutely no direction to follow and there is nothing to do but wait. Could be waiting a few months. Could be a year. Could be longer. Who knows. It's driving me insane. So I have to now just put it aside and ignore it. Or at least try my best. I never thought I'd go from being so happy at getting into the pool, to feeling so deflated and unsure of what's to come. I am in the Greater Manchester area. I just have this funny feeling that opportunities up this way aren't or won't be cropping up nearly as frequently as in other parts of the country. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's how I feel at the moment.

What depots have you put in for?

Adam Mcgregor

Advice please
I have recently applied for Southern and got through the paper sift and waiting results for the first online test. I also applied for the recent Mendip trainee driver advert for Freightliner and passed the first stage online. OPC state I can only proceed with Freightliner if I withdraw the Southern application.
I am at a total loss what to do. Any advice please.? I.e How many possible vacancies will Freightliner have approximately etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Numbnuts846

Advice please
I have recently applied for Southern and got through the paper sift and waiting results for the first online test. I also applied for the recent Mendip trainee driver advert for Freightliner and passed the first stage online. OPC state I can only proceed with Freightliner if I withdraw the Southern application.
I am at a total loss what to do. Any advice please.? I.e How many possible vacancies will Freightliner have approximately etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Nobody knows how many jobs for the mendip quarrys as according to union branch meetings they need to tupe over so many drivers from db cargo at Westbury.

The One

I know what I would do if your serious about the other job but not allowed to sit unless you withdraw I would do my best to delay it.The reason I say this and I’m not encouraging you to tell lies because then you can decide and not let other situations decide for you.If you defo had a job then it be a no brainier but I would try and delay within reason unless your hand is forced In a way it’s a horrible situation to be in but then again you have a choice

Sure what ever happens it be the correct choice for you

Good luck

Adam Mcgregor

Thanks for your thoughts I have to complete the next test by 24 the of March so that not an option for me. I just don't know enough about how many positions are available in Freightliner. Could it be very view or are they looking to have a talent pool. Does anyone have any ideas. Just dont know what to do Thanks.

Stigy

Established Member
Advice please
I’d keep the Southern application in for the time being. You’re not even at the stage where you’ve been invited to an assesment yet. As long as you don’t take any assessments for Southern, they’ll not know if you still have an application running for them. Freightliner makenyou sit a VSE, I’m not sure if Southern do, but this is the first point at which you can only have one application going at a time. If Southern don’t donthe VSE, then Freightliner or the OPC will be none the wiser as to how many applications you have open.

cossie4i

Freightliner are holding a recruitment open day at the Railway Inn in Westbury on 15/04/19 1100-1600 for qualified Drivers, Sunters and Groundstaff.

cossie4i

Nobody knows how many jobs for the mendip quarrys as according to union branch meetings they need to tupe over so many drivers from db cargo at Westbury.
All Drivers at Westbury are in scope for TUPE' to Freightliner but DB also want to supposedly keep about 25 Drivers at Westbury.
Westbury DB at present has 45 Drivers which is not enough to cover the Mendip contract.
Lots of rumours about running single portion trains instead of jumbos so even more Drivers will be required.
At a very rough guess FL will need to recruit around 30 Drivers for the Mendip work.

Status
Not open for further replies.