• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike121

It’s usually an hour yes, but if they have said that then all is fine! What depot did they ask you to add to the list out of interest?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lenny_1986

Cheers Mike. It’s Crewe and it’s only 1 hour and 3 minutes according to the internet so I can see why they asked me

Seejwalker

Can anyone confirm the distance you can live from a depot as I thought it was an hour but in the DMI they encouraged me to also put a potential depot that is just over an hour from where I live.
I think they're happy with 90mins mate.

Lenny_1986

Well fingers crossed for you! How did you feel it all went?
Thank you. I actually think the MMI went better than the DMI, the DMI seemed very rushed and only took about 15 minutes. They did say that a course could be run anywhere in the country and also driving hours could also be completed anywhere, not your local depot. But they will cover all costs for as long as it takes.

Thank you. I actually think the MMI went better than the DMI, the DMI seemed very rushed and only took about 15 minutes. They did say that a course could be run anywhere in the country and also driving hours could also be completed anywhere, not your local depot. But they will cover all costs for as long as it takes.
Really sounds like they can’t support training the amount they need at Crewe. But they will have us all training soon for Crewe.

Pete C

Got all my hotel and hire car confirmation through yesterday, plus course timetable - it's getting very real! 8-)

Diff

I haven’t had my MMI or DMI results yet, only had stage 2 yesterday

I’m in the same boat mate, I had my DMI and MMI at Crewe 3 days ago and I’m down for Crewe, I live 1 hour 10 mins ish from there and they seemed fine with the distance.

The last 3 days has gone slow! Hahaha

Lenny_1986

I’m in the same boat mate, I had my DMI and MMI at Crewe 3 days ago and I’m down for Crewe, I live 1 hour 10 mins ish from there and they seemed fine with the distance.

Isn’t there no other depots closer to you? Your right it is really dragging now, they said we will find out in about 2 weeks

Mgv1349

Can anyone confirm the distance you can live from a depot as I thought it was an hour but in the DMI they encouraged me to also put a potential depot that is just over an hour from where I live.
I think they have changed it to 90 minutes.

3 days? I’ve been waiting 2 months for a start date lol. Think I may have a little longer to wait yet. Good things come to those that wait.

Diff

Isn’t there no other depots closer to you? Your right it is really dragging now, they said we will find out in about 2 weeks

No mate Crewe is my closest, I live in North Wales. Who did your MMI? Was it 2 ladies conducting your stage 2? Names starting with J & S? (I don't want to mention any names just in case lol).

3 days? I’ve been waiting 2 months for a start date lol. Think I may have a little longer to wait yet. Good things come to those that wait.

Hahaha 2 months is painful although at least you know you're in and have a job lol, I could be waiting for bad news haha :)

Mike121

That’s brilliant Nish!

Hopefully I will be joining you, we got put in the pool at the same time I remember!

Nishhh

That’s brilliant Nish!

Hopefully I will be joining you, we got put in the pool at the same time I remember!

Hey Mike! Have you not had a medical date yet?

Yeah but they asked me to consider thamesport so I assumed that’s why it’s moved faster.

I’m curious about this hotel/hire car stuff as I haven’t really been told much else...

Mike121

I believe they have been asking people having interviews now to consider Crewe. So I am hoping soon for medical! Fingers crossed lol

Diff

Yeah I got the impression when there that Crewe is particularly short and in need of drivers.

Also @Nishhh, I I’m curious on that too, on my stage 2 someone said that in their DMI they told them they do provide a hire car for the training but I’m not sure of the specifics, whether it’s for everyone or just those with further to travel I’m not sure.

Also the hotel I believe is for the longer sections of the training that I believe are residential and can be in other areas further away from Crewe, again I’m not sure on specifics but I’ve heard one section is up to 5 weeks, can’t remember where I heard that though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.