• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfireAle

Congrats....which depot?

The only one I was close enough to apply for at the time was Garston Liverpool. But it said on the sheet they give us after the interview that if you knew of any other depots close to you then let them know. I'm closer to manchester and leeds depots so I just gave them a heads up about that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpitfireAle

Well done , I was the 4th of December as well . Had a phone call yesterday , medical booked in for 2nd January and was told if I pass that I should be on a course in March . So hopefully you'll hear about a medical soon . Good luck going forward.

Ah that's good. At least things seem to be moving forwards then. Cheers mate.

GLENMAYE77

The only one I was close enough to apply for at the time was Garston Liverpool. But it said on the sheet they give us after the interview that if you knew of any other depots close to you then let them know. I'm closer to manchester and leeds depots so I just gave them a heads up about that.

Well done!
I’m for Garston (ideally) as I am virtually see it from my house...but also for Crewe.

Guide Bridge is near you I’d think.

SpitfireAle

Well done!
I’m for Garston (ideally) as I am virtually see it from my house...but also for Crewe.

Guide Bridge is near you I’d think.

I completely missed that one as an option when I emailed them with other locations! Suppose no harm in sending another email.

I remember you saying on the 4th that you lived really close to the Garston depot. That would be great for you if you got that.

martin2345uk

Established Member
So my fellow pool-swimmers how are we all doing?

I emailed them yesterday out of desperation more than anything else just to see if there was any more info on the March course, but not expecting a reply :( I’m surprised at how poorly I am coping with this feeling of being in limbo!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Actually if there’s a depot driver course starting in Crewe on Monday surely that means March is a bit soon for the next course to start...? :s:s:s

GLENMAYE77

I’m viewing it as the HR staff are all still on their Christmas break/time off.....hoping news starts filtering out from next week.

Paulm36

Actually if there’s a depot driver course starting in Crewe on Monday surely that means March is a bit soon for the next course to start...? :s:s:s
Is the march course definitely in Crewe ? Could they not be running another course in Ipswich in March

TGreen

So my fellow pool-swimmers how are we all doing?

I emailed them yesterday out of desperation more than anything else just to see if there was any more info on the March course, but not expecting a reply :( I’m surprised at how poorly I am coping with this feeling of being in limbo!

Not great! only been in the pool for 2 months but feels like forever! Can’t see me starting until the summer time / end of the year, if at all. I’m down for Birmingham with a lot of other people which is also worrying. Just keep sitting tight and hope for the best, atleast you’ve had a medical.

chumpypup

Not really, the shunt drivers should be doing their handling hours by March, so the classroom will be free for the new starters.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I’m viewing it as the HR staff are all still on their Christmas break/time off.....hoping news starts filtering out from next week.

Yeah that is true, god knows why I am back in the office this week!!! :(

Not great! only been in the pool for 2 months but feels like forever! Can’t see me starting until the summer time / end of the year, if at all. I’m down for Birmingham with a lot of other people which is also worrying. Just keep sitting tight and hope for the best, atleast you’ve had a medical.

Ahh mate I know it sucks. Just taking it one day at a time and trying not to obsess (somewhat unsuccessfully).

Not really, the shunt drivers should be doing their handling hours by March, so the classroom will be free for the new starters.

That would make sense thank you! :)

Coach Carter

Has everyone else received what I'm guessed is a generic happy new year, you continue to be retained in our talent pool e-mail? Also asking for confirmation and proof of grades in English Maths and ICT? Not sure how I'm meant to get proof of grades, I don't have anything from my school days and having left school 16 years agoi can't just pop down to the school and ask for new copy's.

TGreen

Just had an email from Freightliner saying that I will be continued to be retained in the talent pool and that they plan to run 4 schemes in 2019. Also, asked me to send them my GCSE grades in English, Maths and ICT.

Branston

Has everyone else received what I'm guessed is a generic happy new year, you continue to be retained in our talent pool e-mail? Also asking for confirmation and proof of grades in English Maths and ICT? Not sure how I'm meant to get proof of grades, I don't have anything from my school days and having left school 16 years agoi can't just pop down to the school and ask for new copy's.

Yes, same email for me!

Mike121

What a strange email.. I have also had it. Surely they would take them details in an interview?

I’m lucky I found my record of achievement a few weeks ago so just emailed back. Although ICT wasn’t a GCSE that I did back then. Had nearly 20 years of working with computers since lol

GLENMAYE77

That’s the same as me....the famous ‘record of achievement’ book that I took to every interview!
Never had ICT as a subject.....but use computers daily.

Pete C

You'll all have to do ICT to functional skills level 2 (basically GCSE level) if you don't have that specific qualification already. Most people who left school more than 10 years ago won't have it I'd imagine.

Mike121

I have a short course in ICT, but I think these days we all use ICt? I know I do every single day...

GLENMAYE77

You'll all have to do ICT to functional skills level 2 (basically GCSE level) if you don't have that specific qualification already. Most people who left school more than 10 years ago won't have it I'd imagine.

So it’s not a deal breaker if you don’t have an ICT qualification?

Lenny_1986

Do you think they will get us to sit online tests like the Fire Service do if you can’t find proof of qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.