• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheNewGuy

I can remember watching everyone moan that it was taking ages to get the results from their MMI / DMI and thinking "jesus, just be patient guys"

Now I'm in the same boat, checking my email constantly and literally tearing my hair out! Aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh

DMcq2010

I can remember watching everyone moan that it was taking ages to get the results from their MMI / DMI and thinking "jesus, just be patient guys"

Now I'm in the same boat, checking my email constantly and literally tearing my hair out! Aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh

I'm exactly the same, being at the first day of 4 weeks of stage2's I don't think helped. I wondered if you hadn't passed the MMI that you would find out sooner. As the dmi then becomes irrelevant.

Gingell

Anyone that has sat the DMI in the last few days willing to share any of the questions that were asked?

Been reluctant to ask so have been going through all 114 pages on this thread and think I have most of them but any insight would be greatly appreciated

Daz1310

Had stage two stuff today. For anyone going to Watford this week, there's no parking at the Regus site but the train station is just at the end of road. £8.20 for the whole day. Also there's pretty much no food available on site so I'd take some grub to eat!

For those that are sat waiting for feedback, they told us today they are massively busy processing everyone. Our results from mmi etc could be a month or more.

Don't chase them, they'll contact you when they get a sec seems to be the advice
What TOC was this for? I have to go to Watford next week

mumrar

Established Member
So that's the DMI out of the way. Good luck to those of you getting it on the sane day as stage 2 and MMI. I'm glad it's over, felt pretty good and they said I sold myself well, but I'll have to wait and see how well I did some time in the future.

I apllied for Birmingham only as the only suitable distance for me, they said if I am successful then I'll be in a pool as they currently have a course for 6 people running for the depot, so wouldn't start for a while anyway. The question then is, how many people have already been told they're in a pool for Birmingham.

Best of luck to those awaiting news or awaiting tests/results still.

Jobi-wan

At the Penta in Ipswich we get little triangular sandwiches and chips for lunch often as not. Or if they're feeling adventurous you might get a baked spud or some pasta. But usually, sandwiches and chips :lol:

Ah the old 3 million triangular sandwiches and chips... Starting to get withdrawal symptoms now....

Coach Carter

So that's the DMI out of the way. Good luck to those of you getting it on the sane day as stage 2 and MMI. I'm glad it's over, felt pretty good and they said I sold myself well, but I'll have to wait and see how well I did some time in the future.

I apllied for Birmingham only as the only suitable distance for me, they said if I am successful then I'll be in a pool as they currently have a course for 6 people running for the depot, so wouldn't start for a while anyway. The question then is, how many people have already been told they're in a pool for Birmingham.

Best of luck to those awaiting news or awaiting tests/results still.
Is at least 5-6 of us already in pool waiting for Birmingham, seems to be the most popular one. Best of luck, hopefully you'll be joining us

mumrar

Established Member
Is at least 5-6 of us already in pool waiting for Birmingham, seems to be the most popular one. Best of luck, hopefully you'll be joining us
That would suggest that even if I am successful I'd be in the next next one after you perhaps, don't mind waiting too long, but I'm eager to try the sandwiches

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Damn it's quiet in here now most are through stage 2.

Anyone still to do stage 2? Or are we all either waiting for results / confirmed in the pool?

How's the course going for those already started?

Damn it's quiet in here now most are through stage 2.

Anyone still to do stage 2? Or are we all either waiting for results / confirmed in the pool?

How's the course going for those already started?
Did stage 2 last Tuesday 8/1, still waiting to find out how i did on MMI & DMI, the wait is worst than the tests! Think my nerves got the best of me on the dmi tho.

Not sure how long they take to get back, they stated 7-10 days.

TheNewGuy

Did stage 2 last Tuesday 8/1, still waiting to find out how i did on MMI & DMI, the wait is worst than the tests! Think my nerves got the best of me on the dmi tho.

Not sure how long they take to get back, they stated 7-10 days.
I hope its 7-10 days! They told me 3-4 weeks unless. I miss heard

DMcq2010

I hope its 7-10 days! They told me 3-4 weeks unless. I miss heard
I had mine on the 7th I heard the same thing I think they are going to go through all the interviews first. And if there are still interviews on the 28th it must be a couple more weeks still. I just wish they would let you know the results of the MMI as surely that is done be the OPC and has no bearing on opinion and is done by certain criteria.

GLENMAYE77

I found out my MMI result after about a week....but then waited another 2-3 weeks for my DMI result.

I officially received the result of my MMI a week or so after the tests direct from the OC. I did however get told on the day that I had passed ahead of my DMI. The most painful wait is the Pool. Been in since Oct/Nov.

DMcq2010

Does everyone go into a pool? Are you prioritised in terms of how you have performed in the tests/interviews?

TheNewGuy

Does everyone go into a pool? Are you prioritised in terms of how you have performed in the tests/interviews?
I would imagine those in a pool are prioritised in order of where the drivers are needed primarily. Then by the date they entered the pool. I doubt performance in interview would affect it.

Might be wrong though

DMcq2010

Agreed but does everyone go into a pool? At the interview I'm pretty sure one of the lads asked the next stage. I think he was told that you would either be asked for medical with a view to training, enter a pool or be told that you didn't pass. I'd that the case?

Stigy

Established Member
Agreed but does everyone go into a pool? At the interview I'm pretty sure one of the lads asked the next stage. I think he was told that you would either be asked for medical with a view to training, enter a pool or be told that you didn't pass. I'd that the case?
No, not everyone is put in to a pool or offered a job. I was unsuccessful after attending my DMI as were a few others here.

DMcq2010

No, not everyone is put in to a pool or offered a job. I was unsuccessful after attending my DMI as were a few others here.
I understand, my wording probably wasn't the best. By not passing I meant unsuccessful. I should stop second guessing really and just wait and see what happens.

Coach Carter

If you pass they will tell you they are putting you in the pool, it's then a case of waiting for a training course that's going to have drivers from your chosen depot on it and hoping your one of the ones reeled in from the pool.
I'm guessing if there is a lot of positions for one depot it will be the people that entered the pool first that get trained first, but that is just a guess.

Nishhh

Got my contract in the post today!

Training starting March 25th is taking place at Crewe.

They didn’t state the wage when fully productive either but I’m assuming it’s in line with what the ASLEF website states.

I’m assuming that once I have sent my DBS then they will provide further info in terms of the lodging etc

GLENMAYE77

Got my contract in the post today!

Training starting March 25th is taking place at Crewe.

They didn’t state the wage when fully productive either but I’m assuming it’s in line with what the ASLEF website states.

I’m assuming that once I have sent my DBS then they will provide further info in terms of the lodging etc

Great news. Things moving along

I’m hoping I’m on a summer course....how long where u in the Pool for?

Nishhh

See you all on the 25th!!!

Great news. Things moving along

I’m hoping I’m on a summer course....how long where u in the Pool for?

I had my stage two in October so was in the pool for quite some time although I know some others have been waiting longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.