• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

As frustrating as this waiting game is, I think it's worth taking a minute to think about how busy the Freightliner HR team are right now...

There's the people on courses that need kit, uniform, hotels, hire cars, training etc etc

There's the people in a pool that need allocating bases / courses / medicals / dbs etc

There's people that have done mmi /DMI that need decisions made on their performance, before deciding where to put them from here...

There's people about to have dmi/mmi who need interviews etc

And that's just for this trainee role. There's also other roles advertised by them that have a similar time consuming recruitment processes.

It's all going to be time consuming and they're juggling a decent sized group of people all in all. I think all In all they are doing a pretty good job

(goes away and checks email again for the 10th time this hour.... Nope nothing yet...)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paulm36

Yeah i had to collect mine from the post office today as I wasn't in to sign for it yesterday.

Who's for what depots this next course?
Nice one , feels good to get that contract in your hands . Thamesport , HH for me , how about yourself?

SouthernRail

Eastleigh intermodal for me :)
Eastleigh seems like a nice place when I visit. Lots of yards and driver swaps going on usually and rather a lot of class 70s actually. Rather a lot of friendly drivers too, 2 of which have let me in the cab of both a 70 and a 66! Good luck

Brooksy

Eastleigh seems like a nice place when I visit. Lots of yards and driver swaps going on usually and rather a lot of class 70s actually. Rather a lot of friendly drivers too, 2 of which have let me in the cab of both a 70 and a 66! Good luck
Thank you yeah they are all good chaps!

Lenny_1986

Can anyone advise the average course length, I understand this can differ due to built in holidays. Thanks

TheNewGuy

I'm trying to find an example copy of the hh shift pattern at Reading. Does anyone have either contact details for the Reading depot? Or a contact on here I can message?

Jack67

Hi. Has anyone heard from the opc regarding interviews held on the 10th and 11th Jan in Watford?

floydeeeee

chaps, ive been very quiet on here but to break the silence im another one on the 25th March Course.
See you other chaps there
Im HH Eastleigh

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Check your email guys. OPC just sent me results of MMI. Just waiting for DMI results from Freightliner now

DMcq2010

I mean it's massive to pass the OPC anyway. As my understanding from the questions we asked at stage 2, does that now mean even if we don't pass the DMI that we don't lose a life. As the lives only apply to the OPC section of the process. If someone could clarify that i would be grateful

baz962

Established Member
I mean it's massive to pass the OPC anyway. As my understanding from the questions we asked at stage 2, does that now mean even if we don't pass the DMI that we don't lose a life. As the lives only apply to the OPC section of the process. If someone could clarify that i would be grateful

Correct . Opc tests including mmi have two lives , dmi does not. However and not officially , it is the general consensus that if you were unsuccessful at dmi twice at a company , they would probably not offer you s third , but you can apply to all other TOCs if you're opc results were high enough.

DMcq2010

Correct . Opc tests including mmi have two lives , dmi does not. However and not officially , it is the general consensus that if you were unsuccessful at dmi twice at a company , they would probably not offer you s third , but you can apply to all other TOCs if you're opc results were high enough.
That's what I thought. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.