• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timpg

Passed all assessments late 2018 / early 2019. Been in the pool since Jan 31st like a lot of people here. (some here have been in the pool even longer though)

I passed may/June 2018 as an internal applicant, and placed in the pool July 2018. Since then I heard absolutely nothing right up to two weeks ago!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave Tasty

Yeah very well thanks mate. About half way to completing my driving hours. How's things going for you mate?
Still waiting unfortunately. Seeing that they are advertising again I am hopeful of getting on a course next year. Just got to sit it out and be patient.

Paulm36

Still waiting unfortunately. Seeing that they are advertising again I am hopeful of getting on a course next year. Just got to sit it out and be patient.
Yeah hang in there mate, I know it can't be easy, but well worth it in the end.

TheNewGuy

So.... It's been a months since a load of us had phone calls hinting at a possible course in February. Has anyone heard from FL since that phone call?

SpitfireAle

So.... It's been a months since a load of us had phone calls hinting at a possible course in February. Has anyone heard from FL since that phone call?

Not heard anything since the phonecall 4 weeks ago. Been in the pool 12 months come the start of December. I think about it multiple times a day, day in, day out. "Will it ever happen? Is this wait all for sod all?".

TheNewGuy

Not heard anything since the phonecall 4 weeks ago. Been in the pool 12 months come the start of December. I think about it multiple times a day, day in, day out. "Will it ever happen? Is this wait all for sod all?".

If they've recently received another 1100 applications for the latest trainee driver advert, they must still really need people. I just hope that processing those applications doesn't delay us guys in the pool starting a course

Stigy

Established Member
If they've recently received another 1100 applications for the latest trainee driver advert, they must still really need people. I just hope that processing those applications doesn't delay us guys in the pool starting a course
I’m still trying to get my head around why there’s a need for another campaign with you lot treading water in the various talent pools...

TheNewGuy

I’m still trying to get my head around why there’s a need for another campaign with you lot treading water in the various talent pools...
Maybe the ones in the pool are for different locations? Or they have bigger demand than the amount in the pool?

Stigy

Established Member
Maybe the ones in the pool are for different locations? Or they have bigger demand than the amount in the pool?
All or most of the locations listed this time round were advertised during the other couple of campaigns over the past year or so?

Bristol VRIII

I know of somebody who applied for Ipswich depot and received the phone call a month ago but since then and with the recent recruitment drive was asked to attend another Manager Interview I can only guess this was to get an up to date score compared with new entrants?

Bristol VRIII

hi mate I'm referring to trainee driver ad for several depots including Ipswich,Thamsport, Tilbury, Wembley etc which happened in the last month

Tester1

Been in the pool since the start of the process!!
Have had numerous phone calls, ‘do I want to change to heavy haul?’
‘Do I fancy going for a shunt driver?’
‘Would I be willing to change depots?’
Yes was the answer, then nothing!
Phoned back many times, and get the same response, we are super busy but hopefully there be a course starting in a few months! We will be in touch!!

Daff1972

Hi all, I am new to this site. I've just got through the first sift. Looking for advice on the VSE and SJT online tests. Not seen these before,are there any sites where I could do a practice on something similar? Is there anybody out there with any advice? Thanks in advance. Jon.

Jobi-wan

Hi all, I am new to this site. I've just got through the first sift. Looking for advice on the VSE and SJT online tests. Not seen these before,are there any sites where I could do a practice on something similar? Is there anybody out there with any advice? Thanks in advance. Jon.

Which one was the VSE online test?

As for SJT just answer honestly. Its situational judgement, as in "what would you do in this situation ".

Which depot are you applying for?

Daff1972

Which one was the VSE online test?

As for SJT just answer honestly. Its situational judgement, as in "what would you do in this situation ".

Which depot are you applying for?
It's the OPC VSE test,I think it's the dots in the square test. Finding out where the pattern/sequence goes wrong. I'm applying for the Peak District.

SpitfireAle

Has anyone in the pool heard anything from FL since the recent phone calls.

I emailed them yesterday, not had a reply yet. They said they would let us know within 4 weeks of receiving the call, been 6 now. I'm not surprised to be honest. What would shock me is if they actually did as they said they would.

TheNewGuy

Has anyone in the pool heard anything from FL since the recent phone calls.
I rang them a week ago and was tod that there's still no news. There may be a course in Feb still but they're still working out numbers / people etc... Just keep on waiting...

ferhat

Completed the VSE and SJT! Let's see how the results go! Fingers crossed!
HEY BROTHER. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DONE IN THE TEST!! i have received online information and i haven't done' this for long time. what is VSE like and Magnificent 7 Situational Judgement Test like. what kind of question do they ask. so that i can prepare for it. if it ok.please help.

ferhat

Freightliner ask for enhanced pass marks.
hey my friend. i have vse and Magnificent 7 Situational Judgement Test . what kind of the VSE test. i done it long time but i got another chance. what is it like. help would be appreciated . thank you. just asking members if have done any of them to guide me. thank you.

ferhat

I am happy to help you message me am email address or something
Was wondering if you could help me too. I have my online test and I have 7 days . Wondering if you could give me tips as well ? Much appreciated

Ferhat

Status
Not open for further replies.