• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joliver

Hi Everyone. I have been in the pool now since December 2018, was told I wouldn't be waiting long....... Got offered a potential start in Crewe in January this year only to have it retracted a day later as they emailed the wrong person. I have pretty much given up hope entirely now, when I last emailed freightliner they basically said "you are free to look elsewhere", not that I haven't already been doing, to no avail.

Do you think all hope is lost? Obviously I'm still in the pool, but after waiting so long already it just feels like it really is not going to happen for me.
Hi mate.

Unfortunately, being placed in a talent pool doesn't guarantee you a job. If I were you, I'd be applying to every other local TOC/FOC whilst your psychometric tests are still valid.

Talent pools are awful.

Best of luck.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The One

Hi Everyone. I have been in the pool now since December 2018, was told I wouldn't be waiting long....... Got offered a potential start in Crewe in January this year only to have it retracted a day later as they emailed the wrong person. I have pretty much given up hope entirely now, when I last emailed freightliner they basically said "you are free to look elsewhere", not that I haven't already been doing, to no avail.

Do you think all hope is lost? Obviously I'm still in the pool, but after waiting so long already it just feels like it really is not going to happen for me.
Wouldn’t be to worried about it at the moment for the reason being they and sure I speak about most companies won’t be able to do anything with you for eg rules be in a class room and practical handling you have to be next to someone it’s all down to social distance issues I believe and not companies recruiting policy’s etc
Don’t lose faith you been put into the pool for a reason, so will possibly call you when required you said you thinking about applying for other jobs yes I would recommend but I’m sure you be in the same boat
Hope all go well in future

Timpg

I waited nearly a year and a half in the pool for freightliner ( internal applicant )... until I managed to get a trainee driver job with a different TOC. A week before I started with my new employer, they called to ask if I’m still interested in the freightliner driver school lol!!!!

SpitfireAle

21 months and counting. Long swim. Test results will have run out before I get a start with these lot.

SpitfireAle

I'm in the talent pool, but been in since the start of December 2018. They said it would only be 2-3 months max in my interview, lol. I heard back quite quickly after doing the actual assessment's.

Ladder23

Established Member
The wait is so bad haha. Wow... the industry throughout is bad with waiting times in jobs though no idea why.

Has anyone heard anything about when freightliner will be starting interviews again. Was booked in for an interview in February for Peak District (Earles sidings) but this was cancelled and then Covid hit and I’ve not heard anything since.

Jamiey100

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else received an email from Freightliner today advising they would be be arranging DMI’s in the coming weeks?

Last edited:

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else received an email from Freightliner today advising they would be be arranging DMI’s in the coming weeks?
Interesting that they're doing more DMIs for Reading. They held DMIs in Reading at the end of July, with OPC assessments during August. Rejection emails were sent out earlier this week.

James71

Yeah I got one, although I went for an interview but never heard anything back, not even a rejection so I was a little surprised! Pleased, but surprised haha

PickleTree

Interesting that they're doing more DMIs for Reading. They held DMIs in Reading at the end of July, with OPC assessments during August. Rejection emails were sent out earlier this week.
I think this is because when we all did our assessments and MMI it was before the DMI and they appear to have since changed it so that they do the DMI first.

SpitfireAle

Is it the norm to be asked to sit a manager interview with regards to possibly being placed on a trainee driver course when you have already had a Driver Manager Interview in the past? I had my DMI the same day I had my MMI.

TheNewGuy

Is it the norm to be asked to sit a manager interview with regards to possibly being placed on a trainee driver course when you have already had a Driver Manager Interview in the past? I had my DMI the same day I had my MMI.

Just received the same email and was about to reply querying the exact same thing.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel though huh!

SpitfireAle

Just received the same email and was about to reply querying the exact same thing.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel though huh!

It's been almost 22 months that I have been swimming in the pool so far, I hope this light turns into something solid!

baz962

Established Member
It's been almost 22 months that I have been swimming in the pool so far, I hope this light turns into something solid!
I don't know for sure. But I have seen previous posts on this site , where people had to re take the dmi , because they had been in the pool for a long time.

Terry844

Anyone had a reply/call about an interview yet? As at looks like we are edging closer and closer to another lockdown I’m dreading further delays after things was looking to get moving again!

PickleTree

Anyone had a reply/call about an interview yet? As at looks like we are edging closer and closer to another lockdown I’m dreading further delays after things was looking to get moving again!
In the email I received there was a deadline of this Friday to reply so I assumed we wouldn’t hear anything until next week as they are likely to coordinate all the interviews together so they know how many they have to complete etc.

Coach Carter

This is the second deadline I’ve been given by them even though I didn’t respond to the first one. First time round was exactly this time last year, they sent email saying if I was still interested I needed to reply to the email, if I didn’t then I would be removed from the talent pool list. I didn’t reply as had already started a course with a TOC so was quite surprised to have them email me again this week.

Bristol VRIII

Hey mate I know the feeling and having to do another interview makes it much harder, do you guys think we will have a webcam interview or at the offices in Crewe?, I'm hoping its the latter

SpitfireAle

Hey mate I know the feeling and having to do another interview makes it much harder, do you guys think we will have a webcam interview or at the offices in Crewe?, I'm hoping its the latter

I hope it's at Crewe too. And I agree, another interview doesn't bring me any joy, just another hurdle to possibly stumble at. I'll give it my best, what else can you do.

When I passed the psychometrics and interviews, the people who passed at the same time as me and got courses quickly didn't have to do another interview. And with waiting so long, although I'm happy for the opportunity, the fear of not passing after all this time, and it being all for nothing, is not a nice thought at all.

Bristol VRIII

I hope it's at Crewe too. And I agree, another interview doesn't bring me any joy, just another hurdle to possibly stumble at. I'll give it my best, what else can you do.

When I passed the psychometrics and interviews, the people who passed at the same time as me and got courses quickly didn't have to do another interview. And with waiting so long, although I'm happy for the opportunity, the fear of not passing after all this time, and it being all for nothing, is not a nice thought at all.

Yeah we just got to keep positive and try our best to get a better score this time, let me know when you hear back mate

Status
Not open for further replies.