• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Various Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rylievie

I had a phone call yesterday, telling me about a course. Fortunately I already have taken up a position as a trainee elsewhere. I passed all my tests with freightliner in january 2019.

deepblue82

I had a phone call yesterday, telling me about a course. Fortunately I already have taken up a position as a trainee elsewhere. I passed all my tests with freightliner in january 2019.

Thanks - encouraging there is some movement. I passed in January too but applied for Eastleigh which seems to be been a little quieter perhaps than some of the other depots (as regards recruitment I mean).

Tiz

I possibly have a interview with freightliner in the coming weeks and wanted to know, the persons who have had a interview, what questions where asked?

I've had a interview at Northern and been successful is it the same type of questions.....working under pressure, emergencies, solving problems etc

Bristol VRIII

Hey mate I know a quite a few people aren't at that stage yet just been sat in a pool for over two years, carrot and stick comes to mind lol

LM888

I was also meant to
Had my stage 2 assessment in January this year and interview early March, was due to start end of May but obviously held up due to corona.

How about yourself have you started training?
I was also meant to start in May. Have received a start date for the end of next month. I completed assessment through another TOC last year and passed my dmi in January. Was hoping someone already working for Freightliner could give me some insight into the training and rough shift times for HH.

GLENMAYE77

HH are in bands (A, B, C) for start times 0000-0759, 0800-1559, 1600-2359.
you have a shift pattern with RD’s and what band your work days are. You only find out your actual shift times for the following week the Friday before.
Can vary depending what work your depot does tho.

what depot have you got?

LM888

HH are in bands (A, B, C) for start times 0000-0759, 0800-1559, 1600-2359.
you have a shift pattern with RD’s and what band your work days are. You only find out your actual shift times for the following week the Friday before.
Can vary depending what work your depot does tho.

what depot have you got?
I applied to Wembley

I applied to Wembley
Thank you so much for that info. At least I have an idea of what kind of hours I will be doing

TheNewGuy

So two weeks ago I get asked if I'm still interested in a position? They're working our courses for 2021. Expect an (another) interview very soon.

Now silence again.... Same for everyone else?

PickleTree

So two weeks ago I get asked if I'm still interested in a position? They're working our courses for 2021. Expect an (another) interview very soon.

Same for me mate, applied for Eastleigh and just waiting on a DMI. Passed everything else in January

Network2020

I’m in the exact same boat as you, floating in that same pool.

Where have you applied for?

Status
Not open for further replies.